We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

We are goin late June beginning of July what good trips does anybody recommend and how much would a taxi from Olu Deniz to Fethyia cost.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,450 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Hi Lesleywood

Good trips from Olu Deniz include the jeep safari, the Dalyan mud baths and boat trips. You can take a boat trip from Olu Deniz itself, or you can take one from Fethiye, which will take you out towards Gocek, and the 12 Islands.

Both boat trips are good, but my personal favourite is the 12 Island tour from Fethiye. It's a great chance to see some of the spectacular coast line, and there are several stops for swimming and snorkelling.

Not sure of taxi prices, sure FF or CF can help though. We always use the dolmus.

We're also going late June/end July, staying at the Perdikia Beach. Where are you staying?

Edited: 22 March 2010, 19:39
hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Dont bother with taxis (yes me saying that) as the Dolomus are frequent, Very cheap and run well after midnight around a pound each way if our pound is worth anything by then.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

I'm with cabby, take a Dolmus.

But if it is late at night or early in morning when no Dolmus running, then expect to pay about £12-15, but confirm the price before you get in.

And trips.

I'm with openwide as she has said our 3 fave ones

Hisaronu, Turkey
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

good trips are would say start of turkish bath,jeep safari,boat trip,dalyan mud bath,quad bike safari, i would recomend you to look on www.tiynakropol.com website and you will find al te information on there its a reliable company never heard any complaint about it at all always keeps peoples smiles on their faces,bus fare to oludeniz to fethiye 3,50 lira think taxi would cost about 30 35 lira also try and go and have a traiditioal food in bees knees restaurant in hisaronu try their lamb dishes or the golden tray !!! absoluelty gorgeous have a good holiday

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

We are staying at the Montbello really lookin forward to it we usually go to Cyprus

Edited: 23 March 2010, 14:14
Scotland
Level Contributor
262 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Trips -

1. Paragliding with Ikarus

2. Dalyan/Mud Baths with Pioneer

3. Turkish Bath (1st day) at Tonoz hotel next to Azda

4. Butterfly Valley

Or as others say jump on Dolmus and explore.....

Enjoy!

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Probably the cheapest trip could be to beach at sunset and relax with a glass of something in your hand.

NOTTINGHAM UK
Level Contributor
316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

This will also be our first visit to Turkey, we are staying at the olu deniz resort hotel in June for 10 day's, there are 4 of us in our late 40's ( we dont act or feel it though ! ) and are also looking at trip's to do. Can we do the Dalyan mud bath's on our own or have to do it on a trip? I like to get the local dolmus , where shell i go on it? somewhere that is not to touristy. Anyone done the quad bikes? I have done this in both Eygyt & Jamaica and im sure my mate will love it, do you know how much it will be?

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Dalyan on your own is easily do-able, either Dolmus, but lots of changes and will take ages, or hire car.

Mud bath itself again is easy, you just need to get along the river to it, by hiring one of the local boats.

Cost wise for 4 people it may actually be cheaper and less hassle just doing the set trip. We have done it on our own and it is worthwhile.

Dolmus trips, always a good idea

Faralya, just a bit further along from Olu Deniz is a nice day out with great views.

Kaya Koyu, needs a change in Hisaronu, nice sightseeing and loads of nice restaurants.

Fethiye, for the market on a Tuesday and a bit more sightseeing.

Quad bikes, yes you can hire them, but they annoy the locals, so I never recommend them.

SHEFFIELD
Level Contributor
27 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time at olu Deniz what trips do you recommend

Hi - we are 2 going to Olu Deniz end of June/begin July for 2 weeks and are staying in the Olu Deniz Resort Hotel.

looking forward to it, we normally go to Icmeler, but fancied a change.

We are in our late thirties and are sensible enough not to be put up by reveiws of the hotels by other people. If you take any notice of them you would never go no where !!!

counting down the days.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz