We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Mosque

Cambridgeshire UK
Level Contributor
85 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Mosque

This is a bit of an odd question,whereabouts is the Mosque in OD?

We wil be staying at the Club sun city and in a few reviews I have seen people have mentioned (complained about) the noise from the Mosque in the morning, is this hotel right next to the Mosque or can the noise be heard all over the resort?

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
935 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Mosque

not sure if theres more than one but yes you can hear the mosque all over bit like our church bells here. we were quite close and it it never woke me up at all and i found it very pleasant to listen to. the one i saw was if your looking at map its straight up main street, just by last hotel before the few hotels that are on the outskirts of town. hope that helps.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Mosque

Yes Madammossy, Jackie O states correctly, the mosque is at the back of the resort in the meadows. The muezzin prayer tends to echo around but before you know it you will become accustomed to this I'm sure and sleep right through. Take earplugs if you are very worried about this.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,975 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Mosque

I think it will be a sad day when we can't hear the mosque. I would far prefer to listen to something authentic and cultural than a Karaoke!

Poole, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
7,018 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Mosque

As you will be the visitor in an Islamic country please do not go about calling the call to prayer "noise", it will be thought of as most offensive.

There will be far more "noise" coming from the local bars and restaurants.

The call lasts about two minutes and is repeated five times a day so it will only take up about 10 minutes of your time.

As said you will soon get used to it so why not just treat it as part of the "local colour", which is hopfully part of the travel experience.

I am sure that you will have a great holiday in this wonderful country and the call will only add to the experience rather than detract.

Peter & Jean. :o)

Edited: 12 April 2010, 09:27
Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Mosque

Nicely put PRO69

west yorks
Level Contributor
657 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Mosque

Have to agree, i like to hear it as well, it is part of our holiday in Turkey to hear the call to prayer.

Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,792 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Mosque

Yes, well said PRO69!

Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Mosque

Yes why go to a country if you are not interest in the culture of that country.

For those who are interested look as you get off the Dolumus in Fethiye at the Mosque there.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Location of Mosque

The mosque in Oludeniz is here - wikimapia.org/…b

Level Contributor
730 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Location of Mosque

I dont think MADAMMOZZY was complaining as she was stating from others reviews. She could have phrased it better but dont think she meant any harm.

She may have children who would be woken at 5.30 in the morning if it was next door. Fore warned is fore armed as they say.

I also feel it is part of the holiday and enjoyed the call to prayer whilst having my evening meal, added to the culture of a lovely country.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations