We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disappointed

burnley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
disappointed

really looking forward to going to karbel beach,but jet2 just rung and said i now can only stay there for week then have to move to flamingo,no real explaination,is flamingo ok,hate having to pack up and move up the road,you lose half a day of your precious hol,and why would they move us out of a room we are already in to put someone else in,anybody else had this problem?very deflated booked in jan,why did they not know then

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disappointed

That is the 2nd post I read in a few days time.

I do not think karbel is to blame, but your agent probably is. Next book DIY, while in Ölüdeniz have a good look around and if there is a hotel that really pleases you, check their fares. There can be cheap flights to Dalaman!

For sure I would check the Karbel prices and the Flamingo ones as well. If there is a difference get a refund!

Travel agents can be very very cheeky by overbooking a hotel, then they only tell you last minute, so you do not feel like changing your holiday and you just go where they ddecide you to go. It is a bit of a dirty game they play!

Still, I hope you have a very nice holiday!

burnley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: disappointed

hi i tried looking at the difference in price but there is no avaibility in either now so i carnt,i just know i will be out of pocket cause i have to pay for taxi to move us from one hotel to the other and air con was free in karbel ,£4 a night in flamingo,some one tell me something nice about flamingo PLEASE

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disappointed

There is no way your tour operator should be making you pick up the bill for a transfer that is entirely their fault. If you do pay, make sure you get a receipt. Also check the prices of the accommodation when you are there and put in a demand for refund when you return. Likewise and additional charges such as aircon at the second location should be covered by your operator.

I would also put a charge into them for the inconvenience. If they start getting awkward make a claim against them in the small claims court back in the UK.

sheffield
Level Contributor
253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: disappointed

there seems to be a sudden increase in people being overbooked..........i wonder if its a knock on effect from the collapse of the travel company last week?............maybe travellers being relocated at last minute

Edited: 20 July 2010, 16:58
burnley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: disappointed

i think your right

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disappointed

That's the second one of late regarding Jet2, maybe they're the ones to avoid... If it was me I'd be kicking up a huge fuss. I really hope you get something resolved they should not be allowed to get away with this type of service. Good luck and I hope you have a great time in spite of this.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: disappointed

Those who shout loudest etc.

Dont hide in the corner and take on the chin.

Greater London...
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: disappointed

We stayed in the Flamingo a couple of years ago. We were in one of the appts not the hotel side.

It is about half a mile from the beach.

We found the appt fine. We had a 1 bed with the kids on a sofa bed in the lounge, did have 2 bathrooms though. It was clean and tidy with no problems.

there are 2 pools, we spent our time at the one shaped like a turtle - can see on google earth. The only downside - if any- is that the sun disapears over the mountain about 5pm.

Would have been quite happy to go back but discovered the delights of DIY holidays. Until CTA went and I have had to rebook flights!!!!!!!

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disappointed

Hear hear Cabby!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: disappointed

Have been back from Olu Deniz for a week and people who were staying at our hotel had booked a package holiday with Jet 2 were supposed to be staying at another hotel .I wonder does this happen alot with Jet 2 as i was looking at holidays with them for next year but i would be very annoyed if i have booked a certain hotel and put in another one.This was our 1st visit to Olu Deniz and loved the resort we stayed at the Montebello it was ok our rooms were small but spotless the cleaners work so hard but if we go back next year would not go to the Montebello

Edited: 22 July 2010, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz