We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

karbel beach hotel

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
karbel beach hotel

hi ,we have booked this hotel for next july,we have read the reviews on tripadvisor and overall they are favourable,can anyone tell us about the evening meals ,variation,choices etc,i think we know what expect from the breakfast ,but not to much as been said about the evening meal.any info will be appriciated. thanks

leevi

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: karbel beach hotel

Hi Leevi, had a meal there a few years ago and it was ok, however you are surrounded within 50 mtrs of wonderful restaurants so no need to fret anyway!

Blue Star is literrally facing across the road (20 mtrs) Buzz bar and Help bar (50 mtrs)

Oba (10 mtrs-next door) 100 mtrs to the Asena Beach's Capt Hooks,

death by food!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: karbel beach hotel

yeah thanks for that ,we don't intend eating at the hotel every day,but seeing we are half board ,would like to know what to expect if we did,thanks for the suggestions,looking forward to a different resort in turkey,have been to icmeler five times,oludeniz looks and sounds equally as nice,cant wait,thanks

leevi

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: karbel beach hotel

I have been to Turkey twice before we went to Olu Deniz in July this year the other resorts were Altinkum and Marmaris.Was so suprised at Olu Deniz what a beautiful resort we were that impressed that we are goin back next year .Lovely resturants and the scenery is beautiful,its seems to take ages to get from the airport but well worth it some hotels are better than others but mostly do the same bed and breakfast and you can not bring food into your rooms they want you to buy from the hotels themselves which rubs people up the wrong way .We stayed at the Montebello but fancy trying the Tower Hotel for next year

Edited: 09 October 2010, 00:36
Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: karbel beach hotel

Hi Lesley, I think if you've got enough money it's well worth booking a private transfer, I think it would cost £90 return. IMO it's money well spent and starts your holiday sooner and nice and relaxed. I'd recommend Tinyakropol fabulous service and book online. Just a thought.

cheshire
Level Contributor
111 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: karbel beach hotel

we stayed at Karbel Beach in August and the meals were average, there was a choice of soup or cold turkish dishes for starters and then a choice from 3 main meals, these were usually either a curry, stir fry, stew or chicken dish, served with either rice, mash or chips (not all 3,only 1 to choose from) the desserts were either cold rice pudding, choc mousse or typical very sweet turkish dishes. I have to admit that after a few days it became quite boring and we ate out a couple of times. I can eat virtually anything but my husband and daughters, although they will eat most things, some of the food was too spicy or (although tasted ok) did not look at all appetising and so ordered from the menu and paid extra. There is a board displayed outside and at the bar each afternoon informing guests of the choice of dinner, so you will be able to decide. One good thing was that we saved quite a bit of money staying half board.

Hope this helps

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: karbel beach hotel

Deloupot thank you very much for this information,exactly what we wanted to know , it sounds pretty good value for the price we are paying,but as i said previously we hope to get out and about and try some of the restaurants that olu has to offer,thanks again

leevi

burnley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: karbel beach hotel

hi stayed at this hotel last year and have booked again for next year july 18th,its is a lovely hotel,clean and friendly,and perfect for beach i,m sure yo will love it,maybe i will see you there what date are you going,any thing else you would like to know about it just ask

Edited: 14 October 2010, 14:31
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: karbel beach hotel

we are staying between 7th and 21st July ,will look out for new arrivals on the 18Th and introduce ourselves,one question did you enjoy the food at the hotel on your last visit.

leevi

burnley
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: karbel beach hotel

hi we did it is typical turkish buffet food,soup ,mezes,bread,salads ,pasta ,rices,generally 3 hot dishes,of chicken fish,stir fry,kebabs,and a selection of deserts,it was fine ,but my hubby likes a steak so we ate out a couple of times.,we had lunch there off the menu a few times and that was very good

england
Level Contributor
155 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: karbel beach hotel

hi just got back from olu was supposed to stay at karbel beach ,arrived 2,00 am and told hotel fully booked after messing me about for 2 hours ended up in the anasul hotel opposite karbel beach ,great little hotel ,as for the food at karbel beach ,stayed there oct last year it ok ,but loads of nice places to eat ,as for transfers i use and have done for years ,blueeyetransfers google him nice guy and £70 return this year takes 45 mins .have a great time

Edited: 14 October 2010, 20:10