We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My 60th birthday

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
My 60th birthday

Next June I will be 60 .and am staying in Villa Inglewood in Ovacik with my daughter and her family.

I have three small grandchildren who will be six and under.

Can you recomend somewhere nice for my birthday celebration meal which will cater for us all?

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My 60th birthday

The Buzz restaurant (Olu Deniz) is a lovely setting and they do fabulous food. The Sugar Beach club on the lagoon is also very good and they have a playground for the children and a safe beach. Wherever you decide on go in first and tell them it's a special celebration and who will be there etc they may do a cake for you and will almost certainly decorate the table. I'm sure lots of people will suggest loads of lovely places, we also found the Bee's Knees in Hisaronu very welcoming especially to the children. We had a special meal at the Olive Tree in Hisaronu which lots of people had recommended but we were a bit disappointed, the food was fine but it was our first wedding anniversary and they did nothing extra even though my husband had arranged it...

London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My 60th birthday

Well thats given me food for thought!

I will show my family your suggestions .

As there are small children it will be an informal affair but a milestone n my life.

Thank you !

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My 60th birthday

Hi again Suzie, yes I celebrated the same milestone last year and then got married in Olu Deniz a few weeks later! My party was also family oriented we booked a nice place with big gardens and got a bouncy castle and made it a teatime/early evening do with the adults carrying on into the night!

If you wanted more of an informal daytime celebration you could try Muzzie's Place at Kayakoy the dolmus will drop you off or if you went to arrange things I'm sure they'd send their mini bus to collect and drop you off. We had a brilliant day there in a beautiful countryside setting with the hauntingly beautiful 'ghost' village across the road. They have a huge pool you can spend the day around with dedicated children's section with slide and the food was great my husband declared his steak to be one of the best he's ever had. Muzzie is a big welcoming man and would make a fuss of you all. I'm sure they'd make it special for you

Even if you don't use it for your birthday it's well worth a visit! I hope your birthday is as good as mine was.

Blyth...
Level Contributor
726 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My 60th birthday

I second Muzzies for a day trp. I also loved the steak, its so chilled out down there, muzzy is great and would take you back to your hotel.

We liked Dominoes in hisaronu and i am sure they would make it a special night on your birthday.

The Turkish people will always make a fuss of the kids!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My 60th birthday

As its June you are going most of the places will be pretty busy, so probably would be a better idea going to one of the Kaya restaurants, although they too will be busy, but you will have a much more relaxed night out.

6. Re: My 60th birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:18