We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paragliding which company

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paragliding which company

some members of our group defo want to paraglide in OD including me!

Can anyone recommend a reliable & trustworthy company

My 7 year old daughter really wants to do it and from checking on this forum that seems OK am I right?

Also how much does it cost

Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Paragliding which company

NEVER NEVER NEVER go with Hector! You gonna be killed!

Very unprofessional! Don't speak English! Very Dodgy! Pick Up with a car from scrapyard, doors hanging loose, car was not been cleaned for years, you can feel your chair moving, ... Going to halfway Oludeniz and went back. Nobody told us the reason. Stood there for almost an hour, just doing nothing! Driving back to Oludeniz and were dropped by the dodgy office Hector. Unfriendly, unprofessional, still had to wait there. When we asked what the problem was, they asked us what our weight was. We told them and they said that we can't flight. By the booking we asked for it and they said it was no problem at all! Then suddenly he said that the weatherconditions were no good. Well that was Bullsh*t! All the other companies were going! We think that they didn't want to go because we were the only ones there. We had enough of it! We asked our ticket back, asked them to bring us back to Fethiye and asked our money back! Never went paragliding before. Have some more days, so I can still do it, but I don't want to go anymore. Maybe next time when I'll be back, but then with another company! HECTOR, The Way To Your Death!

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paragliding which company

Most of the companies limit weight to between 18 - 20 stone. Reaction's weight limit for example is 18 stone. Gravity's weight limit is higher. If you are heavy, they will pair you up with a light pilot, if you are light, they will pair you up with a heavier pilot. I have known Mustafa, the owner of Hector, to drive one person up the mountain to fly, so this poster's comments baffle me.

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
937 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paragliding which company

looks sus to me mauitara i bet its a fake poster only 1 post from that poster

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
293 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Paragliding which company

Re AmandaDalstra's post no. 11. Suspicious? Maybe it wasn't Mustafa that was there......sometimes the monkey isn't as god as the organ grinder. There's a lot of detail from our Belgian friend Amanda but interestingly if it were a plant I'd have expected ...."so I went with Xxxxx who were brilliant" recommendation.

I, by the way, went with Sky Sports who were very professional.

Ampthill, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Paragliding which company

First time to Olu Deniz on July 22nd & I'm doing the paragliding with Sky Sports on August 4th after reading good recommendations on here. They seem to be a reputable company & I've paid £75 with Carole & Tayfan - http://www.caroletayfun.com/#

Hope that helps!

Steve

Edited: 23 June 2012, 14:20
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Paragliding which company

Steve,

You could have booked directly with Sky Sports they have a website. C.&.T. are just agents and it may be better to cut out the middle man.

Also you normal Travel Insurance will not cover paragliding as it's class as a dangerous/hazardous sport, so take out some extra insurance before you leave. The companies in Turkey will insure you, but it's only covers Turkey, so no insurance to be flown home and no cover if you are off work for a while.

There have been accidents and fatalities, but I am sure you will be fine.

Ampthill, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Paragliding which company

Thanks Frances but I only found out afterwards that Sky Sports had their own website unfortunately! I've also booked a day trip to Rhodes with C & T as it was easier booking trips/excursions with one agent rather than a few. I've found them to be very helpful so with any questions that I've had. I shall look into the extra insurance though, so thank you for the advice.

Hopefully I won't add to the list of fatalities!

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Paragliding which company

I don't know whether it was a plant or not, and I understand the details, but it was very strong language and maybe there was more going on there than they knew. I'm pretty sure the conditions to fly were good, because they have been for the past couple weeks, it could have been their weight and Hector didn't want the ensuing arguement. I flew 5 guys a few weeks ago and they were all varying sizes of big (I'm 5'9 and came up to one guy's nose!). They flew late in the day and their rides only lasted 20 minutes. Lots of factors for lots of things there and the pilots may have been acting out of safety for themselves and the customers. When the company decides not to fly, safety is always the number one consideration.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Paragliding which company

O.K. Steve as a newbie you where not to know. Incidentally, you can also book the trip to Rhodes directly with the company that run it. We usually book when we are there.

http://www.yesildalyantravel.com/ For your information next time.

lincolnshire u
Level Contributor
617 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: Paragliding which company

F J roughly how much does the trip to rhodes cost .

thanks Simon

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz