We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perfume

cheshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
perfume

is there any perfume shops around oludeniz as my kids want perfume and aftershave as presents i am coming to olu deniz 1wk on friday please could some 1 help me thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,743 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perfume

There is a shop in Fethiye (called D&P I think) which is on the one way street that goes around the back of the old quarter called Paspatur and they make up perfumes to "imitate" well known brands or mix the essences to suit your taste.

You want to steer well clear of any "fakes" sold on the markets or in the streets as they are not much more than water in pretty packaging!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,739 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perfume

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g312737-i9292-k287…

northumberland
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: perfume

there is one in hisaronu, it is located in unique shop on the main street, does excellent copies, alway come back with a bag full,

West Midlands
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: perfume

My recommendation would be to buy at the airport in the UK or on the plane, steer well clear of the perfumes being sold in the shops in resort they are definitely fake.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: perfume

The shop in Hisarönü thats sells the smellalike perfumes was actually owned by the D&P perfumes shop in Fethiye (which acts as a sort of franchise) but has changed name. - these are good quality copies.

somerset
Level Contributor
788 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: perfume

i dont know if i am one of the lucky ones or my sense of smell has upped and left but i have bought from the stall opposite sky sports, never had a problem with the man even when one wouldnt spray properly , he was happy to exchange

my gucci rush is still going strong and i only paid about £4 for it

i shall be returning for my fix of fakes in october

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: perfume

İ can confirm that the D&P perfumes are good and cheap and have no relation to the fake perfumes sold on the street. They sell the most common well known perfumes in a plain bottles, so far everybody ıis convinced that my Diorissimo is real.... it is 22,00 TL at D&P :-)

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: perfume

Has anyone got some simple directions for this place please? Staying at Oludeniz so will need to get the dolmus up the hill I'm guessing? How much are the bottles now, for both the big and small sized bottles?

Waterlooville...
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: perfume

i got purfume at the market and it is fine smells the same as the expensive real one and no nasty rash either

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: perfume

İf you come from Ölüdeniz you take the minibus to Fethiye and you get out at the mosque, that is main bus stop if you don't go to the end station.

As you get out, you walk passing by the mosque, around the corner as well. Continue on this road, quiet a wide busy road. Keep going straight ahead, stay on the left side of the road, (you will see the PTT on the right side of the road, and a bit further Migros supermarket). Once you have passed Migros there is a small alley going to the left, there is a photo shop on the left side of that alley called Hakan and the other side is D&P. Just got myself a small Envy and paid 13,00 TL for it.

Cheers!