We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will I tan in early September?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Will I tan in early September?

Hi, in addition to my below post - will I tan in September [we're there from the 1st to the 12th].

Thanks

edinburgh
Level Contributor
486 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Will I tan in early September?

Hi there, I was there last week September first week October last year and we all came back with fab tans, but I must say I did get a bit of a chill at night always wore a light Cardigan until the cocktails start flowing and they warmed me up lol :-)

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Will I tan in early September?

b1ondie2 - the reason the bath gives you a better tan is because it cleans off the build up of gunge on your skin - so the sun has fresh stuff to work on - but remember that gunge gave you a bit of protection - so teak it easy for the first day or so and slap on the sun screen.

Kent
Level Contributor
328 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Will I tan in early September?

Hi

Yes you ill tan, I don't tan well either but always do in Turkey, make sure you start with a high factor and then work your way down. if you burn it will spoil all of your fun as when the sun shines its very hot!...we went on October once and I came back with a great colour

Enjoy!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
708 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Will I tan in early September?

hi ff its always embarrassing how much muck comes off the skin! And i shower/bath every day. Having the baths plus the oil makes the skin feel gd! - even at my age. Angie

Kent
Level Contributor
328 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Will I tan in early September?

HI again

Theres a great walk from the ghost town to olu deniz across the hills, it takes about 3 hours and my advice is to do it from the ghost town to olu and not olu to the ghost town as it is steeper if you are coming up from olu. We got a dolmus there and walked back....great time if it is patchy cloud just be careful underfoot at some points especially if it has been raining recently.

Have fun!!

Birmingham, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Will I tan in early September?

Hi, what about the school half-term week in October - do you think the weather will still be warm then?

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Will I tan in early September?

I certainly hope I can get a tan!! I shall be wasting my money if not!I have just booked a week in Ovacik in early September and all I want to do is lie by the pool,on the beach or on a boat!

Enjoy your trip.

Desborough, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Will I tan in early September?

forgot to ask on previuos post-is there a turkish bath in Ovacik or is the nearest in Fethiye?Thanks

19. Re: Will I tan in early September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 04:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz