We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

I have just booked 2 weeks at the Karbel with Thomson's for next year. When checking my booking details, I notice that Thomson's website states, 'Please note that from 2012 there will only be one pool at this hotel'.

Does anyone know what is happening to the 'quiet' pool? Are they going to build more blocks where the quiet pool is currently situated? I won't mind if they extend the main pool, but if they keep things as they are, and just create more accommodation, there's going to be an awful fight for sunbeds every day ;-)

yorkshire
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

It used to be two different hotels Karbel and Whites wonder if it is going back to two hotels.On the Cosmos website think it was that one you can book for the Whites hotel.Hope this helps.

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

I have just had this reply back from the hotel: 'The quiet pool and 66 rooms have been rented since 2005. End this season we are going to run them out. So we will loose them. There will be only one big pool for 2012.'

I can't see how this is going to work. If they lose the quiet pool and 66 rooms, that suggests that no rooms will have a pool view, apart from the block that borders the main pool (which is far too noisy at night).

I hope I'm not going to regret booking early! ;-)

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

That is very disappointing news. We have been to the Karbel several times & always use the quiet pool and have met quite a few regulars who use the quiet pool. Would not want to use the main pool. I think if its the case that they are losing the quiet pool & surrounding blocks it would put a lot of people off booking the Karbel. Thanks for the info & keep us informed.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

I forsee most hotels upgrading to a new level over the next few years, sadly this will inevitably lead to more expensive rooms. As it's never been a 'high rise' resort (thank God) the only way to get more rooms, beds etc, is to build on the land already owned with any particular hotel upgrading their facilities- therefore moving up a 'star' or two, and also maybe squeezing a few more rooms in with the deal. I can see the whole place becoming reassuringly expensive over the next few years, I say 'reassuringly' as it would at least stop any possibility of the dreaded stag or hen do's that have ruined an awful lot of resorts over the years.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

I quite agree CF. I was talking to my hairdresser in the week he comes from Cyprus and he was saying that he can see Turkey joining the EU in the near future and things will be getting more expensive. Lets hope not.

6. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2012, 10:49
scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

Oh, its really disappointing as the Karbel will not be the same without the quiet pool and surrounding blocks. I am quite sure we will not be going back if there is no quiet pool & I would imagine that a lot of regulars will not be returning either. Keep us informed. Thanks

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

Here is the definitive explanation that Thomson's have just sent me:

I can confirm that our Resort Office has advised me that for the last 5 years, the hotel leased a next door hotel and used these blocks and pool, running it as one hotel.

In 2012 the lease is up, and the owner is taking back the hotel (called the White Hotel) to run himself.

So the Karbel Hotel will lose blocks 9C,9D,4B, and 5B and the second pool, as this is all the White Hotel.

There will be a boundary put in place again and the hotel Karbel ground space will be reduced.

There will be no building work, any required will be done in the winter time, but as far as we are aware, there is just a need for the boundary between the hotels to be put up again.

The second pool was part of the White hotel, and so will actually still be there, but part of a different hotel. The Karbel will have just 1 main pool.

Customers will not be allowed to use the facilities of the White Hotel, it will be a completely separate hotel.

malvern
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

Does this mean a reduction in the staffing also

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Karbel Hotel - what is happening to the pool in 2012?

Hi Suewray thanks for latest info - very informative. Therefore we will be giving Karbel a miss for next year.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations