We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

This will be our 3rd year back to Olu Deniz next July majority of people do seem to return to this resort

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

Hi Lesley

We are going back in July after our first visit last August cant go earlier as our son has his gcse exams .

Trawling the sites trying to find a good deal do you have any reccomendations.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

We're going to Olu next year, usually stay in Hisaronu but fancied a change for next year.

Going from 17-31 July staying at the Ata Lagoon Beach.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
1,820 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

I would recomend where we are goin the Tower we stayed there last year it is situated as you come into Olu Deniz from the road from Hisaronu so away from the strip but just round the corner nice and quiet spotlessly clean we really enjoyed there .

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

We'll be back at the end of June for our fourth visit to Olu Deniz and the Perdikia hotel. The only other place we've ever stayed 4 times, is Calis Beach.

We love this area, Olu Deniz is perfect for us, with it's great restaurants, easy access to Fethiye and laid back, friendly feel.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

im going bk in june. got a very good deal on travel republic for magic tulip. 10 days bb.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

Hi openwide

We have stayed at Olu three years running now fancied a change booked for Calis Beach for next year. Could you tell me how the two places compare please.

bobbie

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

Hi Bobbie

Well, Calis is quieter than Olu Deniz, and probAbly more spaced out, as it has grown considerably over the last few years. Mostly, we ate at the restaurants along the promenade, overlooking the beach.......The sunsets are amazing!

Calis is more laid back and slightly more cosmopolitan than OD, in my opinion. Olu Deniz 'buzzes' in the evenings, if you know what I mean, Calis is quieter

I prefer the beaches at Olu Deniz, and of course, the one thing Olu Deniz has that Calis doesn't is the absolutely spectacular setting. That feeling, as you come over the top of the hill, and get your first sight of Olu Deniz just can't be beaten.

Other than that, they both have great links to Fethiye and beyond, so you should give it a try, decide for yourself.

We loved Calis, but after 4 summers, we got bored with the same old restaurants etc. We still try and go over at least once during our holiday to catch up with old friends, though.

We prefer Olu Deniz these days, and I suspect that next year will not be our last visit.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

Thanks for the info openwide. Going to Olu for the past three years we have got a little bored thought it was time for a change. As you say still good links to Fethiye and still easy enough to go into Hisaronu and Olu a few evenings if we find it a bit quiet.

bobbie

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Kent
Level Contributor
328 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

HI

Returning for the 4th time in July for 10 days, going with inlaws who we don't get to see often so even more special.

We usually go end of May, really looking forward to it, but it wil be alot hotter than we are used to.

Donna

fraserburgh
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Goin back to Olu Deniz next year anybody else returning

hi have booked again for nxt july this will be 2nd time love the place