We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cashew Nuts??

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Cashew Nuts??

Hi there, i was just wondering if you could helpme. My mum is coming away with my Husband, me and our baby in May and she asked me if she would be able to take Bagged/sealed cashew nuts to Turkey in her Suitcase also tea bags?? I tried to google it but couldn't find any site which tells me what we can take in our case and cannot. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Wendy

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cashew Nuts??

I always take coffee and sugar with me. I know people who take bacon and cheese and also cereal. I don't see a problem with nuts. There is a restriction on taking foodstuff into Turkey, but I have never heard of it being enforcedYou will be able I would think to get cashew nuts whilst there though?

Edited: 22 February 2012, 18:25
Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cashew Nuts??

But you can also buy cashew nuts quite easily here- available in the Migros in Hisaronu and I am sure plenty of other outlets.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cashew Nuts??

Yes i agree with luvturkey should not be a problem,we also always take a small jar of nescafe and some typhoo tea bags where ever we go ..

WENDY

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cashew Nuts??

Thanks for all the replys, Just that my mum seems to love these ones which are roasted and salted and never seemd to like them when we buy the same flavoured ones elsewhere, lol. Is there anywhere anyone knows of where we can check any restrictions aswell so i know what i can take in aswell, As this time i have a toddler so was going to pack a good few of his favourite treats /biscuits and drinks. Thanks again. Wendy

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cashew Nuts??

Forgot to mention I always take a carton of UHT milk as well. I honestly wouldn't worry about taking any foodstuff at all.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,141 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cashew Nuts??

All the nuts sold locally are really good and much better than the nuts in the U.K. you can get salted Cashew nuts, which we always buy, they are very additive. Tell you Mum to give them a try.

UHT Milk and Nescafe are also available in all the Supermarkets.

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cashew Nuts??

Thanks again everyone, my husband will be happy knowing he can get his Nescafe there, We never checked when just me n my husband went but as we r taking a travel kettle we r thinking about it all now, lol.

Wendy

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,141 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cashew Nuts??

You can also buy travel kettles in Azda in Hisaronu. They are about £5.00.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,164 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cashew Nuts??

we stocked up on cashew nuts at fethyie market as the price is massively reduced compared to over here in the uk.... i think a 1kg bag cost us 10lira. very cheap we eat loads and they are salted too.... we was allowed to "try" before we buy. matt

London, United...
Level Contributor
649 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cashew Nuts??

Thanks everyone for all you're help. Mum is gonna give them a try and we will be taking her to the Fethiye Market on tuesday so she will have a gd choice then.. Wendy

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz