We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmus to Kabak

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Dolmus to Kabak

Hi All,

My wife and I are spending a week in Olu in July with two nights in the Olive Gaden at Kabak. I have heard the drive there is particularly scary - is this true? We might have to conquer our fear of heights!

Thanks,

Chris

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,472 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

İ cannot say it is very scary, it is a winding road climbing high up from sea level and with gorgeous views, but it is a good asphalt road.

Enjoy yourself!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

I agree with VR, maybe 10 years ago the road was rocky and dusty but it's a good road now for the most part- it gets rocky near the end but it's pretty flat there. The part that meanders around Butterfly Valley was the 'hairy bit' but now it's good enough to get out the car and enjoy the fantastic views- and they are fantastic- particularly the part that passes Lykia world and then overlooks Oludeniz and Lykia World itself, simply stunning, but it all is!

Edited: 16 April 2012, 10:27
Mentioned in this post
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
408 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

No its not at all scary.

Drove it a couple of years ago. It is actually a wondeful drive on well made tarmac road most of the way to Kabak, and then a fairly good gravel surface. You actually get the most spectacular views out over the Med and of Butterfly Valley. Make sue you have your camera to hand and sit on the right hand side of the Dolmus for the best views on the outward journey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

Hi All.

The olive garden Kabak, ? is this place the old Full Moon Camp? or is it close by. I have assessed all maps and can not pin point it?

Cheers.

northumberland
Level Contributor
263 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

would like to visit there for the day in august, do you get the dolmus from the main bus terminal in olu?

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

Hi Paul, do you haved google earth? If so it's the bay/beach south of Uzunyurt (Faralya) I think that's a different camp a bit further up the mountain but not 100% sure.

Lynn- yes the bus stops at the main stop and the times are on the Olivegarden website.

Edited: 16 April 2012, 18:03
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

http://www.olivegardenkabak.com

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

Thanks everyone! Been a few times but always stayed in Olu or Fethiye!

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

Hi CF .

Thanks mate, I have found it, It looks nice and remote.

About 9 years ago i swam round from olu with my snorkel and finns on

I stoped off at B. Vally.

Cheers

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,305 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolmus to Kabak

I am very jealous. We should have been staying there for 5 nights at the end of May but have had to cancel and come home early as my daughter is getting married. The route is very scenic but I wouldn't call it scary.

Have a lovely time.