We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it expensive?

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it expensive?

Hi every one,

Going to Oludeniz in 6 weeks, staying in the Tonoz Hotel, can't wait! As its our first holiday to Turkey and I was wondering.....how expensive is it? In general? We used to live in Cyprus and it was robbery to even go for a meal in some places, 5 euro for a beer!

I've heard lots of times that Turkey is a cheap place to eat, buy clothes/gifts, and do day trips, is this myth still alive?

Thanks,

Matt

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,264 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it expensive?

hi matt, i wouldnt say Olu Deniz is the cheapest of resorts in turkey but deffo cheaper than the euro zones... eating out is very cheap..... drinking out and shopping in olu we found expensive but we are used to marmaris which is alot cheaper... nice resort tho we liked it. matt

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it expensive?

Hi; check out the "Average prices for 2011...." shown to the right under Top questions about Olu Deniz.....then sit back knowing you'll be ok. Have a great time!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,148 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it expensive?

The last time I was in Cyprus I was pretty shocked at the prices and that was 13 years ago!

Have a look at the top questions re average prices which will give you a good starting point and idea of well... average prices!

I would say though within a small area there's quite a few options depending on your budget- and of course what you choose to eat and drink.

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it expensive?

It was my first time last August compared to the euro zone I don't think turkey is expensive, I found I just drank water in the day, the odd bottle of beer or pop then in the evenings a few more bottles of beer. Stick to the local beer efes and i think you will be fine, I did find a few mornings I suffered a thick head lol

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it expensive?

Thanks for replying guys,

the list is great CF thanks for taking the time. Really helped. Roll on Oludeniz,

Matt

6. Re: Is it expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 16:41