We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dvd player

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
runcorn
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
dvd player

hi, ive got a small dvd player i was thinking of taking for the kids, does anyone know weather the skart leads will fit the teles in the ata lagoon, not sure if they are made diff or are just standard size everywhere ,thanks

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,629 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dvd player

Good question and FF may be able to confirm this but we took our own DVD players over there a few years ago and they matched the TVs we bought over there.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dvd player

Should be a universal size

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dvd player

They will fit as long as the television is modern. We have travelled.all over and taken our players but they would only ever fit in the flat screen telly, as all others did not take them. Stopped using dvd now and bought. Archos tablets 10.1 I transfered 12 good movies on memory card and used the internal memory for books music and.music videos. They also connect to the net wirelessly and most hotels have this facility now and the best thing is. they are brill on the plane as they have stopped doing films and radio and at £200 they are the best thing since sliced bread. do not spend a fortune on an Ipad as you cannot increase the memory on this and the Archos does everthing you could want and includes loads of apps and anything similar to Archos will do and you can get 7inch as well lol. Dave

wigan
Level Contributor
310 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dvd player

Yes it is brill. He doesn't work for the company either and I am using it now to complete Dave's reply......

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dvd player

Vood - all standard fittins - problems are that some basic TVs have no Aux lead at all, and some very modern TVs have no skart only HDMİ

runcorn
Level Contributor
263 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dvd player

hi ,thanks for all the replys, some good advice cheers :)

Level Contributor
89 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dvd player

Question for Davemog.

What model number is your Archos tablet?

How do you get movies onto it?

What size memory card do you have for your Archos?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dvd player

Does not have a number it is just called archos1O.1 which is the size of the tablet. Galaxy have a 7 inch which i am using to type this and i hav a 16 gb micro sd card in with 14 movies on and The memory card is 16gb but you can buy 32 depending on what you want on it. Just be aware you do not neet 3g as that just enables you to connect to the internet by sim same as phone and no.good abroad as it roams. So an ordinary tablet will do you. You

can pick them up for less than 2OO and if your contract phone is due up you can often get them free with a contract phone at any phone shop.

if you have a laptop or pc you can download music and books and films from a lot of places or just put a dvd in and save copy to memory card. Using umpteen sauces. I have copied over 3OO of.my favoirite films and saved them on to an external hd. And change my memory card movies every time i go away. Easy when you know how ask anyone under 16 they all know how to do it. I am 54 and learnt it.oh and battery life on the tablets is about 7 hours before recharging and the fully recharge on about 1 and a half hours. Hope this helps anything else just ask. Dave

Edited: 05 May 2012, 14:36
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dvd player

Does not have a number it is just called archos1O.1 which is the size of the tablet. Galaxy have a 7 inch which i am using to type this and i hav a 16 gb micro sd card in with 14 movies on and The memory card is 16gb but you can buy 32 depending on what you want on it. Just be aware you do not neet 3g as that just enables you to connect to the internet by sim same as phone and no.good abroad as it roams. So an ordinary tablet will do you. You

can pick them up for less than 2OO and if your contract phone is due up you can often get them free with a contract phone at any phone shop.

if you have a laptop or pc you can download music and books and films from a lot of places or just put a dvd in and save copy to memory card. Using umpteen sauces. I have copied over 3OO of.my favoirite films and saved them on to an external hd. And change my memory card movies every time i go away. Easy when you know how ask anyone under 16 they all know how to do it. I am 54 and learnt it.oh and battery life on the tablets is about 7 hours before recharging and the fully recharge on about 1 and a half hours. Hope this helps anything else just ask. Dave

Edited: 05 May 2012, 14:36
10. Re: dvd player

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41