We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast (for FF)

Level Contributor
125 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather forecast (for FF)

FF which is the best site to use for most likely weather in olu deniz I know you always say don't take no notice of it but I just want a general idea for the next two weeks thanks

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

This is the one I think FF posted

http://www.windguru.cz/int/index.php?sc=37735

I keep checking but I'm not sure it's a good idea lol :)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

As someone who visits Turkey regularly, I never bother looking at weather forecasts, basically, you have booked your holidays weeks and are going at a set time. It would seem the main reason for looking at the forecast is to see the weather is going to be wonderful. If you don't see that, you will worry and think you are not going to enjoy your holiday, which, of course is not true. So why get stressed. Forget the forecasts and chill out ready to enjoy a great time in a fabulous locaton.

Scotland
Level Contributor
318 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

I think we put up with such rubbish weather here ( certainly in Scotland ) we don't want to go on holiday and have it there.

We went to Hisaronu the first week in May last year and the weather wasn't to great, so booked the first week in June this year hoping it would be better.

You can't help but look at the weather forecast, for me to get some sun is the main reason I go.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

We had great weather 2/3rd week of May last year but decided to go middle of June this year just in case!!!

Edited: 22 May 2012, 09:22
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

izzy30 you have just summed it up. haha

Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

Don't look here !

holiday-weather.com/olu_deniz/…

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

Turkish State Meteorological Service - www.dmi.gov.tr/en-US/forecast-cities.aspx…

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
533 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

The main reason for going on holiday is to relax and soak up some rays (for me anyway). I think I would be mega upset if I were to spend my hard earned dosh and my time off to end up with more rain. Hope it stays warm and bright for all of you going out soon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

But Sarah, the picture changes (a bit!) if you look at the "14 day 3 hour forecast":

holiday-weather.com/olu_deniz/…

I find it hard to believe that at this time of year it would be rainy all day long...

the Wind Guru site, and as David says the Turkish Met Service are normally pretty accurate, but you also have to bear in mind the weather around Fethiye / Olu Deniz etc is immensely localised and it can be wet in one and scorching in the other!

Scotland
Level Contributor
318 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather forecast (for FF)

I couldn't help myself, I looked, I'm too nosey, ha, ha.

It did make for depressing reading although the 3 hour one wasn't so bad.

Am hoping as it's a bit away it might change for the better, I'd much rather be pre-warned though. I'm not going to book boat trips etc until I see what the weather is going to be like, I want sunny days!

Have added Kagool to holiday shopping list.