We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haggling

Lancashire
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Haggling

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to haggle in the shops in Olu-deniz and the shops in Hisaronu? or is it strictly for the markets?

Kent
Level Contributor
640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haggling

I haggled last year in the shops in Hisaronu and it worked for me. If you don't ask you don't get!!

Happy shopping :-)

Regards

Grahame

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haggling

You can haggle and you can usually get them down slightly - more so if you buy more than 1 item NB the people in the shops nearly always try to sell you more than one.

Their first question more often than not is 'how many?'

If they let you walk away after 'haggling' then you know you've reached their bottom price - always knowing you can go back in :)

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haggling

Some of the shops stick to their prices but always worth a try. Look around and if the same item is in more than one shop ask them all and then go back when it's quieter to purchase and you may get them down a bit more.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,130 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haggling

Haggle in all shops but not food shops or supermarkets. Haggling is great and what is the worst that can happen? I always haggle as in my business in the U.K. people always want to haggle my prices down, so it's something I am used to.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Haggling

Thanks guy's - I shall update you on my haggling skills on my return ;)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haggling

I practise with my financial advisor a few weeks before our holiday, she asks for £80 to go to Tesco, I say 'how's £30', she then asks for £60, I throw in the old 'best I can do is £45' and we finally settle for £50.

Practise makes perfect, I've recently haggled as low as £35 and that included a crate of beer.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Haggling

Mrs CF did say she only wanted £10 so I reckon she is better at it than you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,515 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Haggling

You didn't have to break into that £20 note FF

9. Re: Haggling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz