We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will she like it???

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Will she like it???

Hi,

I have just booked a surprise holiday for me and my wife to Oludeniz in september. We have been to Greece before but never Turkey and i really hope she will be pleased with the surprise. We have a night flight as well so the first time she sees Oludeniz it will be for real, i cant wait to see her face as the scenery looks amazing. I am 31 and my wife 27, we love beach holidays with a little nightlife but nothing mental.

So please tell me i have made a good choice

Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
941 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will she like it???

olu is small with low key nightife unless you go to oscars

brilliant resort great dolmus links to hisaranou and Feteye

you really do have to go have a cocktail at buzz bar for the sunset

www.oludenizbeach.com/oludeniz_live.aspx

webcam for oludeniz beach during the day and buzz bar at night

ps she will love it and the blue lagoon

go look at the olu forum btw loads of hints tips and extras

Edited: 14 June 2012, 18:44
Clacton-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
941 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will she like it???

i ment to put the top questions on the right not the forum sorry lol or use the search box

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will she like it???

To generalise - People who visit Turkey fall into two categories - those who love it and those who hate it - there are no in betweens.

using statistics from the web there are 14,467,286 who like it, and 6 who don't

Yes you have made a good choice.

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Will she like it???

Ok list started

1. Cocktail at Buzz Bar at sunset..(could be a daily trip)

Cheers TopKat, all tips welcome.

Wow, impressive stats Fraser. ;) Thanks.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will she like it???

Great choice!

bristol
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will she like it???

you bet your backside she will like it

Blyth...
Level Contributor
729 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will she like it???

Gamer_TT!

Sonya was really apprehensive about going to Turkey!

On the bus on the way through Fethiye I was worried that I had brought her to a slum as there were shops that in the streelights looked grotty!

We arrived at Perdikia Hill where we stayed in a hotel room instead of the two bedroom apartment we had booked! It was now about 3.00 am so we soon fell to sleep. We woke around 10.00 am (Turkish Time) and opened the curtains. Sonyas face was a picture as she took in the view of the mountains around, she just sat there looking out at this amazing view for about 10 minutes before I reminded her that we had to change rooms!

I knew at this point that we would have the best holiday of our life. I was not disapointed, and nor will your wife I am sure!

By the way Fethiye looks completely different in the day also!

Have a great holiday!

Wales
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will she like it???

I've just come back from my 2nd holiday in OD, going back at the end of September. It's a beautiful place, I had a night flight the first time I was here and I was totally blown away that first morning when I walked down to the beach - it's so pretty. I prefer the main beach myself, and the paragliders are relaxing to watch. I think you've made a good choice, I love it here (although I would prefer more 'Turkish' and less 'tourist').

Try a jeep safari to Saklikent gorge, and an excursion to Dalyan if you want more lovely scenery and make sure you haggle for a free Turkish bath if you buy 2 trips from the same place (or a free boat trip or something). If you like walking, the Lycian way passes through OD - let me know if you want more info.

And I'll put in a plug for Dreams bar/restaurant on the main road - the guys there are brilliant, I'll be back there in 14 weeks....

Enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,797 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will she like it???

Good choice!!

I spent 6 weeks backpacking around Greece 26 years ago but can't imagine going back again, though took family to Kos about 5 years ago and wasn't too impressed! Olu D is stunning and in my opinion Turkish people are far friendlier than the Greeks!! CG x

Gloucestershire
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will she like it???

Thanks for the all the replys, i really can not wait now it sounds amazing. Rob, I hope Hayley has a similar reaction to Sonya.

Cheers for the info Em, would be interested to know more about that walk as we have a habit of walking for hours on the first day of every holiday. Where does it lead to?

Are there any "must go to" restuarants in Oludeniz?

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations