We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed about October trip

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed about October trip

Hi

I've just returned from Ovacik and really enjoyed my holiday so want to take the extended family (including 3 kids under 10) back later in the year. However, we are limited to going for 10 days from 19th October. Not expecting exact predictions, but would appreciate some honest advice on the below:

1) weather - is it likely to be a wash out? We got repeated rain In Portugal last year and kids were moaning, so would like this year to be a success!

2) we'd be renting a villa but none of them have heated pools....still possible to swim at that time of year? The pool is usually a big part of the holiday.

3) are the boat trips still running at this time of year?

Thank you in advance!

Ellie

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Hi,

There will still be a couple boats running out of Oludeniz, so you should be able to get on one. The sea will still be lovely and warm, you can check that online if you like. I'm guessing maybe 24 degrees. Probably by then there will be some rain, but if you're lucky maybe not much.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Hisaronu and Oludeniz are still reasonably busy at half term. The International Air Games are being held 19-23 October so there will be quite a lot of people around, it's usually very interesting and some boat trips will still be running, Be aware you can get heavy rain but it is still pretty warm during the day and swimming shouldn't really be a problem, the sea/lagoon is warm that time of year too. All the bars in Hisaronu have log fires in the evening as it gets a bit chilly up there.

I can't think of a better place to stay in mid October.

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed about October trip

What about around 20th-27th still thinking of going ourselves at half term, I know you can't predict the weather but is it still worth a trip?

And what is there to do if it is raining??

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Thanks guys. Lorrainemw, I feel your pain. You don't want to gamble with precious holidays, but I think I'm just going to go for it. I'm just hoping it doesn't turn into some kind of ghost town during late Oct, as that would be disaster. Fingers crossed....

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Hi, it certainly won't be a ghost town with the games on so later this year- however it's quite impossible to predict the weather at that time. In my personal experiences over the last 15 Octobers it's been -on average- very warm and sunny of a day but can become overcast suddenly with torrential rain that usually only lasts for a few hour, but the year before last it rained for 4 days on the trot (but then apparently November was fab!)

I have had some of my most memorable days when it's rained as we tend to jump on the bus and find new little places to have a drink etc- last year we were in Fethiye old town in a small bar called the Car Cemetery when the most heavy rain we have EVER encountered started, we were flooded in the bar and had brolleys up- as the rain was leaking through the roof (and there was actually another floor above us!) The guy behind the bar had a brolly whilst serving us- guess what, that's the day we all talk about (12 of us) the most from that particular trip! I'm there mid October myself.

Edited: 01 July 2012, 17:37
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Ellie we would have to meet up would be just me and my daughter, priced up today flying out Friday 19th for 7 nights staying at majestic , just over 500 , baggage, transfers etc :)

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Thanks Codfather, I think I'm going to go for it! Do you know if things like Dalyan day trip (mudbaths etc) are still offered at that time? It's one of the things I've told the kids about, and they're well up for it!

Lorraine, sounds like you got a cracking deal! I've sent a short list of villas to the rest of the family, they're mostly off the main st in Ovacik. Re meeting, sounds good....let's hope it'll be in sunshine tho ; )

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Hi Ellie, yes everything is going as usual till the first weeks of November when bars, agents, hotels etc, start shutting up shop for the winter.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice needed about October trip

Thank you, CD! Feel much better about booking

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice needed about October trip