We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical required to get married!

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Medical required to get married!

Hi me and my fiance are getn married in olu deniz in 3 wks time and we are wondering wot is our blood tested for? We are british but keep being told by different people that we do or dont hav to a blood test due to our nationality!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical required to get married!

As far as I am aware you don't need a blood test if you are both British but it could depend on where you get married.

I got married in Bodrum and because my husband is Turkish we both had to have blood tests, however if we had both been British we wouldn't have needed them. It could be different in Olu Deniz though.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical required to get married!

My son is getting married in September, no blood tests required.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical required to get married!

Jay - sorry to be a bit blunt - but if you are getting wed in 3 weeks time then you should have been fully advised of what you need to do by the organisers a long time ago, so who has arranged everything for you.

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical required to get married!

My sister in law got married last year, both British, were told by Thomas cook, who organised the wedding, that blood tests are carried out randomly, my fitness instructor also got married there last year with coop and was told the same. Guess what? Neither had them, they did have to go for a little medical in fethiye and travel to the consulate in antalya but that was all really. Tbh I don't think that in store assistants for tour operators have any ideas about marrying in turkey or other countries so give a blanket answer. It's not till you meet your co ordinator in resort do you get true answers hope this helps.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical required to get married!

We booked wif thomas cook fraser who said we had to but heard from others sayn we didnt but its all organised wots a little blood anyway lol aye betty none of the travel agent seem to hav a clue to be honest wot the requirements are but wer all set just need to wait now!!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,167 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical required to get married!

İ think the website from the British Embassy gives all information:

…fco.gov.uk/en/…marrying-in-turkey

most things are just formalities, but be sure all is sorted!

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical required to get married!

Tbh Thomas cook gave my sister in law completely wrong info from start to finish! They don't give you any contact details for your in resort co ordinator, your wedding date or nothing luckily through trip advisor she managed to get details of who the tc co ordinator was and contacted her, at that point it was a lady named nadia she was really good! I have another friend who is getting married there this year with another tour operator and she had contact with the co ordinator from the word go but not very helpful with receptions I'm sure everything will be fine! By the way last year tc were using one of the private lagoon beaches the one my sister in law married on was greenpark.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,741 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical required to get married!

We arranged everything for our son ourselves. We researched and tried a couple of places, once decided, we got a full tour around the place, got all paperwork and sat and discussed everything. Once we came home we gave all the details to my son and future daughter in law and they fine tuned things to their requirements. We have been in touch all the time with the wedding venue via emails. Last month we were over again and at the venue and were invited to watch a Wedding, which we enjoyed very much. We also decided to arrange our own flowers, photographer and cake and saw everyone involved. The lady that makes the cakes is English, so no problem. For the florist and photographer we took along an interpreter. We have also ordered table decorations, favours and cards from an English lady shop owner who is married to the Interpreter and who we have known and loved for a long time.

Once at home again we have emailed passport details, birth certificates and Certificates of No Impediment over to Turkey and originals will be brought in September, we also changed the date for going to Antalya to the next day.

If anyone is planning a Wedding and can manage it I would advise you do it yourself with a visiit over to Turkey. It can work out cheaper and you will get just what you want and have peace of mind.

If I can help anyone, with anything I have mentioned please contact me by the T.A. private messaging.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 09:37
Wales
Level Contributor
814 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Medical required to get married!

Hi,

My daughter was married in Oludeniz, I can confirm that no blood tests are required for British couples but they are required for Turkish nationals.

Hoi An, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Medical required to get married!

We were married in Çeşme / İzmir in May and are both British Passport holders but do hold Turkish Residency.

It was a requirement that we had a comprehensive blood test, mainly, I suspect to check for HIV.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations