We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exchange money here or in Turkey??

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chorley
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Exchange money here or in Turkey??

I head off for a bit of Sun in three weeks and I'm trying to decide if I should change my money here or do it once I get to Turkey?

If so can anyone suggest the best place in Oludeniz?

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
366 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exchange money here or in Turkey??

There's a currency exchange on the main strip, almost next door to Captain Hook's restaurant. I wouldn't change it in the shops, sometimes the odd (old) lira slips in, and you can't spend those.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exchange money here or in Turkey??

do it in resort exchange in the uk is always less than in resort.

change up 50 quid or so here for what you might need on your first few hours then change the rest in resort

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,291 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exchange money here or in Turkey??

In Turkey, but if you are goining into Fethiye, then change in the banks, you will find the rates are better there.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
351 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exchange money here or in Turkey??

Agree with all the above, we do the same change about £50 here and the rest in Turkey

5. Re: Exchange money here or in Turkey??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz