We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ephesus trips

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ephesus trips

Hi guys,

Were going to Olu Deniz end of September for 10 nights,our first time in turkey so we can't wait !,we want to got to see Ephesus & Pamukkale on an overnight trip.......I see that Carole & tayfun operate a 2 day trip to there for 47.00gbp which sounds goods value........is this the best trip to go on Or are there other companys anyone can recommend ????

Also how many hours travelling does it take to reach Ephesus ?

I believe the best time to see the sites is early morning when it's not as busy so we would really like to go on a tour that arrives there at that time...

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ephesus trips

Firstly C&F do not operate the trip they sell tickets for it, all tour agents do the same.

The timings of the trips vary depending on route taken, some do Pamukkale first some Ephesus, so you need to find out the individual timings, but generally all the trips will be a morning travelling and the site visit in the afternoon.

Approx times Fethiye area to Ephesus will be 6 hours

Ephesus to Pamukkale 5 hours

Pamukkale to Fethiye 4 hours, these times are very approximate depending on the amount of comfort stops etc.

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ephesus trips

Thanks for the info !,on the trip I mentioned they go to Ephesus first leaving Olue Deniz area at 6:30am on a Wednesday & then go to Pamukkake on the Thursday.

More concerning is that I didn't realise the sites were so far away from Olu Deniz ! thats alot of travelling......approx 15 hours in total between the places.....are the roads just all ordinary roads or is some of the trip taken on main motorways(highways) & are they in good condition ??? also is there lots of stunning scenery to look at on the way or is there not much to see ?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ephesus trips

As you are going on holiday for the first time to Turkey and only staying 10 days. I would suggest you have a great time in the local area, there is so much to see and do that will more than fill you 10 days. Turkey is a wonderful place.

This is a very, very, long trip to embark on for such short visit. Why not leave it this time? I can promise you will not be disappointed with the Fethiye Area. The place is seeped in history.. Tlos, Saklikent, The Rock Tombs,The Ghost Town of Kayakoy and this is only scratching the surface.

Don't try and pack too much in at once and wear yourself out. There one thing for sure...You will be back so you will get a chance to see more and more of Turkey in the future.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ephesus trips

Hazy - roads are pretty good - many are dual carriageway - views are pretty decent - mainly mountains.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,721 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ephesus trips

I would agree with F-J. Do more local stuff on your first trip, particularly as it is only for 10 days. It is a lot of travelling and you don't get to Ephesus before about mid-day and on our tour we had a couple of hours there which really isn't anything like long enough to see the place, but too long in the heat of the day! I'm glad we did the trip but wouldn't do it a second time :-)

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ephesus trips

It is quite a long trip and takes a chunk out of your holiday but they are great places to see, although quite a tiring trip. We did love it and have been looking at it for a couple of years and so glad we finally did it

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ephesus trips

Thanks for all the answers guys,think we won't go this time around maybe sometime in the future........will go to some more of the locally mentioned attractions......thanks again for the info.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ephesus trips

We booked through Carol & Tayfun, was 6:30 pick up but then stopped for breakfast (pleasant surprise)..and lunch. Ok it's a long trip but good roads and they do stops including the obligatory carpet factories but they're not so bad - stretch legs and free tea! The hotel is more 2 star as is the evening meal but breakfast fine. For 40 odd quid it's incredible value as it includes entrances to Pammukkale & Ephesus. Only expenses are cans of drinks/beers and a £1000 carpet (confiscated at airport as we only had 20 kilos). So.....whenever you go it's worthwhile.....incidentally we went on our second visit to Olu; it's the only place we ever went back to....and we're going again in 15 days!

9. Re: Ephesus trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz