We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

We fly out to Olu on Monday, does anyone know the following...

Best place to exchange currency over there at moment and the rate?

Weather temps at present

What the evening buffet is like at the Belcehan Beach?

Any other useful hints n tips for first couple of days as first visit!

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

Hi triage999,Money....theres a lady called Glady's she owns a BAG shop she exchanges money for you,shes located at the top of the strip if you you are walking up from the beach she at the top on the left on the right if walking down towards the beach,she gives you a good rate very polite too,when i checked a few days ago the rate was 2.72 lira to the £,

theres plenty of web sites you can check on though as it can change at anytime,you could also view reviews about Belcehan Beach hotel on this site im sure the food will be mentioned,

my tip for you is try the 6 island boat trip use the small boats i found it a super day out,catch the sun swim in the cool sea,food was good too,well worth every penny,

theres lots to do and see,great food fantastic people,enjoy your Hols please let us know how it goes. :-))

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

As tescobabe says the bag shop for exchange.

What about a Turkish Bath? Have one on the first or second day, it is so relaxing and supposed to make you tan better.

Have a great time!

Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

Thanks to both of you.....we have a Turkish bath booked for day two at the Pines Hill Hotel :0)

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

You may want to change your money at the PTT (post office) because that is the government rate and no one is making money off you. Just check it before you try anywhere else.

Level Contributor
202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

2.73 when we left on tuesday ,Joseph's resteraunt was giving 2.75,weather was hot hot hot!!

Edited: 17 August 2012, 10:57
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

Brilliant..... Thanks to all of you, two night shifts to do then I'm outta here!!!

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,057 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

£1 = TL 2.735 (with no commission charges) in Thomas Forex in the Strand in London today.

Moreton, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

You should only change money at the recognised offices. The one next to Captain Hooks restaurant is as good as any. Don't change money in the shops, it's illegal, and you could end up with old lira in your change, which isn't valid currency.

First visit... walk down the strip towards the beach to watch the paragliders, cocktail in the Buzz beach bar, and then a meal at the Sultan Ahmet. Late night shopping on the strip, and watch the antics of the ice cream sellers.

Temperature was in the high 90s when we left yesterday. Have a lovely time.

London, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

275 when we left on the 20th !!! lower this year ;hit 285 last year ;we changed some up in our local BX in may was 275 then too !!! never had any problems changing with Gladys or Joseph !!! on the STRIP !!

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 days to go... Couple of questions if I may?

Post Office still always has the best rate.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz