We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got back yesterday

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Got back yesterday

Well, finally back after our first trip to olu, and what a fabulous time we had.

Aftdr all the great advice i received i would like to share my experiences, mostly good !

Where do i begin ?,

Lets start with food and drink, best place to chill out we found was buzz, ( no surprises there ) great food, mojihto's friendly staff, and unparralled views.

A mention for harry,s bar on monday nights when they have a canadian guy, ron on guitar, best night we had, this guy has a great voice singing stuff from neil young to the eagles, had a good chat with him, lovely guy,

Great cocktails also in tequela, our fave daytime chillout place was help, great food, especially the tiramasu !

Our best meals i would have to say were at bella gusto, 3 visits, the fillet steak in red wine peppered sauce was top notch, also jade was brilliant, try the jambalaya.

I will just get the one negative point out of the way, and this may surprise some of you,

Hangout, we went there for a cocktail, where greeted by a surly girl who served me a mojhito devoid of any alcohol !, when i mentioned this, she took it away, returning 20 minutes later with the real mcoy, but then tried to bill us full price when it was happy hour ?, only a few lira i know, but its the principle.

Right, back to the good stuff, went on trip to saklikent tlos and yakapark, booked through guide tours, what a fantastic day we had, perfect 17 quid, amazing.

Fethiye market wa a great cultural experience, go early to avoid the extreme heat.

Beaches, to be honest we only went to billys beach, great facilities, friendly staff.

One of the main highlights was our overnight stay at the olive garden in kabak, a tranquil haven, stunning scenery, great food, and the owner fatih and his son yasine, were great hosts. We walked down to kaback beach, then came back up in a jeep, great white knuckle ride !

I did the paragliding near the end of our holiday as a fifty somethink i thought its now or never, it was one of the best experiences of my life, landed like a feather.

A mention of our hotel, the belcehan deluxe, impeccable, can't fault it in any way.

To sum up, we we will be back in olu next year at the belcehan, looking already !,we had a brilliant time, and made some great friends.

Thanks to this forum, we were able to hit the ground running, avoiding any pitfalls.

P.s, great turkish bath at dorian, and shave at barbers, round corner from secret garden :D

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got back yesterday

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got back yesterday

Thanks mauitara, great link

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Got back yesterday

redrobbie sounds like you had an amazing time :)

Not been to Billys beach yet but it is on my to do list for October and can't wait,,, plus Buzz Bar another on my to do list for October.

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Got back yesterday

Really glad u enjoyed it Robbie guess you are hooked like the rest of us :)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,784 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got back yesterday

Glad you enjoyed it Robbie, sorry we didn't meet up- due to unforseen teenager problems I was an hour late!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got back yesterday

Yes, roll on next august, 9th to be precise, meybe see you then cf,

Just waiting for the easyjet summer 2013 schedule, anytime now! Yes oggy, well and truly hooked, lorraine, you will love billy's beach :)

Edited: 26 August 2012, 12:04
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Got back yesterday

Glad you had such a great time Robbie.

Bella and Gusto gets my vote for best food, Help my vote for just hanging out.

Roll on next year!

north east
Level Contributor
97 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Got back yesterday

love the comments on here, practically got every day planned, cant wait, two weeks and counting

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Got back yesterday

Try Monarch for flights - they are already out .

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Got back yesterday

Will have a look at their flights

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz