We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Anyone tried this developing restaurant?

aguidetofethiye.com/zirve-cafe-a-mile-high-o…

Also just how dangerous is the drive up/down - especially at night ?!

Want to go but hear such horrors about journey!

Kent
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Wow, just took a peek. I've done the paragliding and I know what the journey is like in daylight!!!!! In the dark....I just can't imagen how terrified I would be.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

The road up isn't exactly safe, at night time it would be pitch black and the road has no crash barrier or anything. I travelled up when I went paragliding.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

OK in the dark if you are following someone going at a decent speed for you to be comfortable - otherwise no thankyou.....

Last time I was up, passed a chap on a racing bicycle, now that was a weird thing to go up with.

By the way they tell fibs, its not at the top its on the lower take off point - still high and with great views, but worth the short run farther up for even more scenery.

Level Contributor
354 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Ff

Thanks

I shall give it a miss !

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Went for a run in the car today and decided to have a wander up there, this is the first time up Baba dağ since the road was ''improved'' and it is much better, top 25% is lock blocked.

For the nervous traveller it may be a bit iffy, one of my passangers was very worried - but soon chilled out and enjoyed the run.

Views on the way up/down are as good as they always were.

The cafe is pretty decent - stunning views from their terraced table area.

was there before the evening meals were available so just had a cold drink - and the surprise was - they were very cheap, especially considering the location.

The owners do supply return transport at a cost of 10 lira per person.

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

I've sent about a dozen people up the restaurant, and they have all come back saying it was perfect. Don't let the road put you off, and sunset there is unbelievable.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

I was one of mauitara's dozen and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience, well worth it!

Thanks Tara and nice to have met you.

Now the strange thing is that it is quite OK coming down after sunset because the driver was as scared as the rest of us! Nah, only joking.....they take it very easy as a) can only come down using a low gear therefore slow, and b) because it's dark there's nobody to meet on the way up and even if you did the approaching car lights give ample warning. So go enjoy it, we certainly did.

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Great to have met you and Alison, too!

Kent
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Just had a mental image of coming down that mountain road, meeting another car and having to pass it on the outside. Made me shiver!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zirve cafe and drive up badabag

Mauitara we are looking at trying the restaurant on Babadag when we come in Sept . Will be our wedding anniversary . Do you arrange the transport and reservation . It sounds magnificent . I love stunning scenery .

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz