We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dalaman Airport

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Dalaman Airport

I know it's been done before this one but just thought I'd share it with you. Everyone knows the horrendous prices tourists get fleeced with here but a mate of mine recently was on holiday in the area and took an internal flight from Dalaman to Istanbul from terminal 1 and guess what? Very reasonable prices. I think the Turkish authority's are going to have to be careful with this. I have been to Olu for the past 8 years now but don't take kindly to blatantly being fleeced.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dalaman Airport

I am surprised they havent got the message yet as I have ever seen many people buying from the outlets.

Most of us now take our own food and drink.

Yes drink,fluids(bottles of water or soft drinks) have been allowed through security during the last few weeks of this season.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dalaman Airport

I suppose some people still buy water and food and because their profit margins are high they need less people to buy. Prices would only drop if there was a large decrease in sales which is unlikely. British airports are expensive too!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
722 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dalaman Airport

British Airports are not that expensive. I can just about afford to eat or buy drinks/sweets at UK airports. Dalman - no way. Not even if I have lot of left-over Liras.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dalaman Airport

They are so grossly overpriced at Dalaman but we usually end up buying a bottle of water or can of juice at Dalaman airport, really need to get small bottles filled to take through!

Edited: 01 December 2012, 00:25
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dalaman Airport

Hey Alison, we took 4 of the regular sized small bottles and no one said anything. I just left them in the carrier bag and put them through with the rest of our bags.Give a go and see, if they don't let you, you could just drink it there then.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 01:00
Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dalaman Airport

Did try it this year Nil but they made us throw them away lol. Was just so very hot at the departure gate that we needed a drink and just paid their ridiculous prices

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,301 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dalaman Airport

That's a shame, you must have got a stickler for rules. I know they have to be careful but they could also use their instincs or at least get you to drink some in front of them, so they know it's ok. Those prices in there are crazy. We didn't turn up at the airport until about an hour before our flight.:D

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dalaman Airport

We took bottles of water through no problem, security did see the bottles but weren't bothered

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dalaman Airport

We also took water through no problem, I had to empty my daughters bag to be checked and didn't bother with the water we had in it and the food we took through :)

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,164 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dalaman Airport

Yes prices are very high. The domestic terminal is in the old building (which was also the international before). The new terminal has been privately built, the rent inside that building is much higher than in the old building. So it is not only for the tourists that prices are so high, it is for everybody concerned using this airport. Also as the airport closes for about 5 months there is no income for those renting a shop inside the terminal. The domestic side stays open. Nevertheless it is a shame, İ agree that you could sell more if prices would go down.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations