We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical Emergencies

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
Medical Emergencies

Could anyone please advise as what to do regarding who or where to phone in case there is some kind of medical situation that may arise whilst on holiday. I know the first time in Olu I'd got my self an ear infection whilst stopping at Sun City and the receptionist at the hotel dealt/sorted the doctor out for me but seeing that we always rent a place now, I was just wondering what would we do if someone was to become ill or there was an emergency.

Thanks

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Medical Emergencies

I've sent you a PM Adey...

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Medical Emergencies

Adey I suffer with kidney stones..so I feel your pain, never had gall bladder stones but if kidney stones are anything to go by...not pleasant. Hope you get it sorted..and you don't have to cancel.x

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Medical Emergencies

Worse thing is, we've just found out today that the hospital can't fit me in for the ultra sound (not MRI scan as previously written) for 5-6 weeks and we fly in 10 weeks so we've decided to pay private and they can get me in next week (Tuesday). Its so bloody infuriating !!

I'm in two minds whether or not I want them to find anything and then it can at least be treated because I could do without that kind of pain again, I passed out twice and the four medics that came that night thought it might be a heart attack because of the area which the pain was in, that was until they got the results through from the blood and the machine I was wired up to.

Thank you ever so much to everybody for their help and concern.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Medical Emergencies

Good luck Adey - and just to add we had to take a neighbour to the ESNAF hospital for kidney stones last October, he was well pleased with the treatment.

15. Re: Medical Emergencies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 05:18