We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Para gliding at Oludeniz

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Para gliding at Oludeniz

My husband and I are going to Turkey this year in Aug.

After last year as our first time there watching the paragliders

at Oludeniz just looked amazing. So have decided at 50 years

old want to give it a go. What company should we go with?

And how long does the whole event last. From travelling up the

mountain to landing.

Many thanks,

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Me, hubby and 12 year old son used sky sports. We researched prior to our visit then chatted to their staff on arrival. Felt under no pressure to book but given lots of info and advice. Very professional and safety conscious from start to finish. Steady, comfortable drive up Babadag in the minibus and safety checks and re-checks before take off. (I did have a brief 'omg' moment as I watched our son disappear over the edge!!) The actual flight was amazing (lasted about 40 mins) and we were able to fly in formation next to each other. I landed first as I braved the spiral-breathtaking! We all landed perfectly on our feet and were thrilled by the whole experience. Obviously this sport has its risks and you should take out hazardous sports insurance before travel. We were made aware of the risks when chatting to sky sports but made the choice to go for it This is not the cheapest company but we felt comfortable with them and would certainly recommend.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Can echo Lisa's comments for Sky Sports. They are one company that wait for you to go to them.....they are able to rely on recommendations and that says it all. Not the cheapest but you are in safe hands and that's important.

Have heard that some operators don't go all the way to the top of Babadag but you can trust Sky.

Note the words 'safe & trust'.

Ceciliax.....I was 55 when the missus and I did it; daughter was horrified when she found out! Superb photos and memories.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

I would thoroughly recommend sky sports. My partner did four paraglides in total last year- one with gravity and the other three with sky sports. I eventually plucked up enough courage on the last day of our holidays. As a nervous participant, I couldn't have asked for anything more - I found sky sports and their pilots to be very professional. Have to say it was the most amazing experience. My partner, having used both gravity and sky sports would thoroughly recommend sky sports.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,627 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Me too.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Thank you for replying. It seems that Sky Sports are the

most popular and safest company to go with. Have noticed

they have their own web site. Where do we go when we

get to Olu deniz to book the paragliding experience. Do

we have to book in advance or just turn up.Any ideas on

prices would be helpful.

Many thanks.

somerset
Level Contributor
788 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

U can find sky sports on the main strip just next to azda the supermarket

You can see tem playing videos of people's experiences

Well done on having a go xx

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Hi

do you mean the main strip at Hisaronu where all the

shops are. Where is the Asda in Olu Deniz. Have been

watching videos on You Tube to get idea of the experience.

Looks amazing!!

Many thanks.

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

Its on the main strip in Oludeniz. As you walk up the strip from the beach its on your left hand side. Not far up and asda is down some steps/escalator very near to it on the same side.

9. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2013, 17:46
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
527 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Para gliding at Oludeniz

I too cant reccommend sky sports highly enough.

I was 55 last year when I went with them, whilst in the latter stages of recovery after a cartilage op.

I told them I needed a good landing, and it was as gentle a landing you could have,

They are professional in every way.