We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

There are new British Comedy Roadshows in Hisaronu and Oludeniz starting next month. This is the link with details http://www.spotlightcomedy.com/

Thanks to Nichola on CBF for this information, thought I would pass it on.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

Sounds great, thank you for sharing the information. I wonder if they are doing the shows all summer as just had a quick look at the website link and the dates only go up to the 15th June I think at the moment.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

They have a Facebook Page and it does say the show is for the Summer, so possibly they will add dates as they go along. Facebook Page https:/…

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

Thank you :-)

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

Sorry to be a miserable old git but seeing this makes me want to weep :( This is Turkey,wonderful amazing Turkey.Why do we have to import all this stuff here?

I know I'll be the minority voice on this but really,it saddens me.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

I'm with you sari 100%

Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
333 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

and at £15 a ticket its a bit steep also. I also agree with you sarikanarya ... its Turkey.

wales
Level Contributor
810 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

Oh dear.. not my cup of tea at all

uk
Level Contributor
479 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

I also agree with you Sari we won't be going....don't think you will be in the minority. I can understand expats living in Turkey wanting an evening, but goodness me why would you go abroad to a country on holiday where there is so much culture and want to see a British stand up comedy show, when you are only on holiday for one or two weeks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,858 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

I love this area and there are Turkish Shows, Turkish Food and Culture, but a few hours of comedy which can be enjoyed by all nationalities may not be a bad thing. I think a Turkish Holiday area must try to bring in as many tourists as they can and offer a wide variety of entertainment. The Oludeniz/Hisaronu area has mostly British Tourists and perhaps it's a good move to try to offer them a little comedy for one evening in their two week holiday. Time will tell

I think we have to agree that Hisaronu and Oludeniz have a lot of British visitors who know it's Turkey but still want a Full English Breakfast, A Sunday Roast. They also like the prices in Sterling, and Restauants with English names and Shows like the Talk of The Town. This is not what I want or do, but we all have look at the bigger picture.

In the U.K. we welcome shows from Africa, India, The Caribbean, America, Ireland, France etc., We don't have the attitude that because it's Britain we must only have British Shows on the entertainment venues and we do get millions of Tourist every year.

I will probably never go to this show, It's not my cup of tea either, however, I see no harm in offering a choice to Tourists, if they don't like it they will vote with there feet, but it will be a democratic decision. Turkey is now an expensive destination compared to Spain and Portugal and tourists save long and hard for their holidays, I am pleased they decide to come to our area, so lets not dictate to them what they must do and see when on holiday.

Incidentally Brian, I am surprised at your objection to this show, as you personally printed a programme of events for it on your own Hisaronu Facebook Group Page. The members there seem very enthusiastic.

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Starting Next Month British Stand Up Comedy Shows.

not my cup of tea either!!

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz