We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook weddings

6 posts
Save Topic
Thomas cook weddings

Hi me and my partner booked our wedding with Thomas cook five weeks ago for August 2014. We were told upon booking that we would receive a wedding package within Three weeks of booking and are still waiting to receive it. After reading some reviews on their weddings I have noticed in the past it has been a problem with people waiting weeks and even months to receive this. Has anyone else booked their wedding with them for next year and still waiting?. I am also worried about the date as I was hoping to have something confirmed to be able to ensure friends can make it.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Hello We have booked through Thomas Cook for next year and it took nearly 6 weeks for the package to come into branch.

Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook weddings

I booked for a Cyprus wedding back in July 2012 for my wedding last month. Took 8 weeks to get confirmation of a wedding date (which was only because I chased and chased) and an age to get my wedding pack, probably around 12-14 weeks and was only sent because I was constantly chasing.

Be prepared though once you get to resort and have your initial meeting with your wedding coordinator you will be bombarded with 'extras' and some very high pressure selling techniques and very little time to make a decision.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,402 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook weddings

For anyone else thinking of a Wedding in Oludeniz. There are lots of Wedding Organisers there. It's easy to pick one online or come out and see them. Then you are in charge of the wedding and call all your shots yourself. This way you can have all the things you want and personalise your wedding.

Our son was married in Olu last September all arranged by us to our own exact specifications.

4. Re: Thomas cook weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 October 2013, 14:05
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,402 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Very sweeping statements with no detail. So, please let us know how a U.K. tour operator can personalise a wedding in Turkey and why it's safer to book with a UK Operator. It would seem you have lots of knowledge on the subject so please elaborate. Because as someone who costed and researched weddings before we went ahead. I know just how much money we saved and just how the level of personalisation we experience could never have been achieved with a tour operator.

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Hi, we booked our wedding with TC's in December 2012 (we get married in September this year) and we didn't receive a wedding package for 5 months.! I spend literally weeks chasing them. I'd give them a call rather than wait.

darwen
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Seen as I actually own my own travel business, I feel I have a very good knowledge of the best/safest ways of booking a wedding/holiday abroad and I can tell you now, booking with a local company is far more expensive, if your saying it isn't then I would think the wedding you had was either, within low season or occupied by lower numbers, if not please expand on your opinions.

In regards to Thomas cook, we received our wedding package immediately and they have been pretty helpful, just go into the Thomas cook travel agency of which you booked the wedding through (or if you didn't, still go to your local Thomas cook) they have as much responsibility as the wedding department and will help you.

Barnsley
Level Contributor
126 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook weddings

I got married last September in Olu Deniz and we booked our wedding through a local company and this worked out cheaper than using a UK Tour Operator. We had constant communication via email, there were no hidden extras and they also use some of the better venues. We could also pick which we date we wanted to get married before we even paid for our package. I feel the local wedding companies have more knowledge and are better equipped for the weddings, this is just my opinion from my experience, some people feel more comfortable booking through companies in the UK, but don't be put off to use the local companies.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Im getting married at the Blue Lagoon September 2014. I cant comment on the price difference but Thomas Cook have been really helpful and with a little research im in contact via email with Thomas Cook Weddings in Turkey. They always answer my emails and have put me at ease.

Level Contributor
35 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomas cook weddings

I am getting married in olu deniz with Thomas cook and share your concerns exactly about wedding package and date, I finally have my package (which I don't really find has reassured or given me the detail I feel we need..too general n contradicts some of what we were told at time of booking) and after finally getting that, they have suggested another 8 week wait to get our possible 3 dates which I was told we would get with the pack. I'm starting to feel panicked and have even considered cancelling..I think maybe I should get in touch with Thomas cook turkey weddings dept too..how do I do that?