We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

South Wales
2 posts
Save Topic
Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

about to book a holiday to either Iclmeler (Hotel Miray) or Oludeniz (Hotel Majestik)

Can't decide which one to book - amazing natural lagoon in Oludeniz or slightly more to see and do in Icmeler.

Was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions? All views welcomed good and bad. Definately looking for good and not so good views of both.

many thanks,

Merrlyn.

fethiye
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Hi Merrlyn, what a choice... why not 2 centre? only joking...

I am biased towards Olu Deniz as i live nearby,

My heart lies in this region, Olu Deniz you will have the best of both worlds. relaxing enough to do absolutley nothing or arrange some of the local tours which are easy to come across.

Jeep safari taking in mud baths parachuting (not for the faint hearted) a short dolmus ride (mini bus) 5 mins to the mountain resort of Hisaronu which is packed solid with nightlife and shops etc... or go further in the dolmus another 10mins to the harbour town of Fethiye sipping your tipple watching the amazing sunsets... also a great Tuesday market packed with bargains galore!!! boat trips to the local island which cost ��5-��10 which includes dinner you will have lenty to do and 1-2 weeks is never enough and you will want to return again and again and again...

Just down the hill from Hisaronu is the quiet and tranquil village of Kayakoy which has the remains of the vacated village boasting the name ghost town.. this is truly amazing...there is a local restuarant (muzzys) with a swimming pool to ound off your day....

Olu Deniz has plenty to offer should you decide not to venture to far..the beautiful Blue lagoon and also you can ask the hotel you sty at for the free dolmus to the local Suara Beach or Joesefs beach the views and water will blow you away.... what ever you choose have a great time...I know you will

UK
Level Contributor
31 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Hi, Well I can only comment on Olu Deniz as we visited here 2 years ago in May/June and would not hesitate in booking to go back again. It is an absolutely beautiful resort, with lots to do. We have stayed in Kusadasi and although we enjoyed that holiday you cannot beat Olu Deniz. We visited the mud baths in Fetiye and went scuba diving there too. For the best shopping you can pop on a dolmus and go to Fetiye market (i think this was on a monday). The maket is where you get the best bargains, but take along a bottle of water with you as it gets really hot walking around there. I cannot praise Olu Deniz enough, although I have heard Icemeler is nice too from friends. But people who have been to both would choose Olu Deniz every time.... Enjoy.......

London
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Hi,

We too could not decide between these two resorts in 2001 so booked a twin centre with First Choice. The only extra cost was a taxi which they supplied @ ��50 and a ��20 admin fee.

Really glad we did this as both resorts are lovely but in different ways. Yes its a pain packing mid way but well worth it and it really is like having two holidays.

sheffield
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Been to both and i've got to say Oludeniz does it for me. Ive been 6 times now, and i'm going twice again this year. Booked to go may 4th b+b in the becehan beach hotel, and returning with my parents for the first 2 weeks in Oct All inclusive at hotel Alize.

I just cannot get enough of the place its gorgeous.

scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

is there much of a night life in Olu Deniz? we're not looking for Ibiza or anything, I'm 27 and my girlfriends 21, but the place looks nice., We just don't want to have to many quiet nights!!

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Merrlyn,

I would defiantely say Olu Deniz but I am biased I suppose. My sister in-law owns a restaurant right by the shore in front of the parasailing take-off strip. It naturally gorgeous, but if nitelife is your priority, Renting a jeep or car is always an option. If you happen to be in the area, stop by my sister's cafe. Her name is Ferhan Gulses, but you can call her "Fairy", and she is in her early 20s, petite with green eyes, blond hair, and speaks English almost like a bative Brit (that is at least coming from an American).

If you find yourself stranded or in need of help, she will steer you int the right direction, just tell her EBBIE from America sent you and give her a hug for me will you!

Ebbie in New Jersey, USA

derbyshire
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

waynemanor, have not been out in oludeniz but if you want to experience a bit of the night life while your their. pop on the dolmus up to hisaronu their are a good variety of places to go, many bars and places to eat. you can have either a quite night their or a busy one!! i go every year and im in my twentys and really enjoy it!

scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

Thanks for the replies guys/girls!!

We're definitely going to OluDeniz, we're just trying to find decent, as near the beach as possible, accomodation. The place looks bigger than I first realized. I'm getting so sick of looking through holiday brochures!!

london
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

dont book through agents do it direct you will save a couple of hundred on some holidays its so easy www.medhotels.com

or the ones on this site will find your accomodation and then book your flight direct A1 travel are quite good and really helpful. You could save yourself some money. Transfers are not a problem you book them here on the internet.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
166 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Icmeler or Oludeniz? What a choice to have to make!

I can only speak for Oludeniz. I went last year and stayed in a holiday village that is clean, tastefully decorated, well-maintained and right on the beach. The staff is also professional and polite. It is called Belcekiz Beach Club. I combed the web for hotels in Oludeniz believe me, I chose it since it it is on a large property right on the beach. I booked it through a travel agent although I cannot recall the name of the agency now. You cannot book via the hotel directly. I did a half-board package with buffet breakfast and dinner included. The food was actually good and one night, they even had a Thai dinner buffet which was a nice surprise. They also offered entertainment at night. Most of the guests are from England since they are part of tour package. There are a few open air club-like establishments along the public path plus pubs and of course restaurants. Also paragliding outfits if you are feeling adventurous. BTW, the beach in Oludeniz is pebble beach, not sandy. If you want more luxurious surroundings and 5-star amenities , go for Hillside in Fethiye. They have a website as well. You may want to consider starting your trip in Bodrum or Gumbet for nightlife that will make your head spin. You can always take air-conditioned buses to Fethiye from there.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz