We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

Hello

I am not a regular user of Tripadvisor, however as I near my summer holiday I have started to read users posts written about my destination - Liberty Lykia World Oludeniz.

Last week there was a detailed review that gave the hotel one star. It was extremely critical of the rooms, the staff etc. It was written by someone who was actually still on holiday there. This was easily the most negative review I have read about Lykia world in the last few months. What concerned me further was the reply from the hotel. They agreed with the reviewer that the rooms were dated and not upto standard. To further add to my concern this post has now been removed from the Tripadvisor site.

Any ideas on why it would be removed? I have read some of the guidelines on this site and I can only think that the poster has removed the post themselves. I do wonder what motivated them to do this.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this holiday will be a success, however I am getting nervous when I read constant messages from the new owners acknowledging their own concerns about the standards of rooms and restaurants and that this will be fixed in time for 2014. I'm sorry but what good is that to people who are going there in 2013.

oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

I too saw that review but have to say it goes totally against majority of others on the forum. We returned for our third visit at the end of May and had another fabulous holiday. The resort itself is great and I didn't recognise the place the reviewer was commenting on. It made me wonder if it had been posted by a disgruntled member of staff!

The new owners took over only at the beginning of the season and any upgrades and changes they wanted to make would have been impossible to do without disturbing all of their guests during 2013. We stayed in the village which was very nice but I have heard that the Residence in particular does need an upgrade not for any reason other than to modernise it. The resort and all who work there do a marvellous job and that has always been our experience. There are so many repeat guests and that is for a reason.

However I do recognise that everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this resort and considering it is full for nearly the whole season suggests a lot of people feel the same.

I have found it very refreshing that the new management are being honest about their own evaluation of the resort and what needs to be improved.

uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

Hi, I also read the review which has now vanished from trip adviser. I have to say when I read it I was totally LIVID! I was actually swearing to my laptop in total disbelief at what I had read. There is no possibility that anyone could ever have a holiday at lykia and rate it one star..........Never ever! This complex is fabulous., its is everything a person could want for a family holiday. Please do not believe what you have read as it is untrue on every level! You have to remember lykia has been built around 20 years and new owners are being totally honest when admitting that the rooms are a bit dated . They are however immaculately clean. The housekeeping staff are impeccable when it comes to there rooms.

Look at all the fantastic reviews lykia world gets on trip adviser and tell me who's telling the truth and who isn't,t?!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,406 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

The residence rooms are more 'dated' than the village rooms but I would still choose to stay in the residence, and I'm very particular.

OK the colour schemes aren't what you would pick these days. You can tell they were designed in the 80s but as a previous poster says, they're kept immaculately clean and very well maintained.

I pick them for the extra space and the full bathroom.

The whole resort is head and shoulders above most of its rivals. I would have no hesitation in going.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

It seems the scathing review that vanished was not intended for Lykia World reviews, it had been put in the wrong place. :)

Jan

5. Re: Lykia World Oludeniz - Scathing Review Vanished From Site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2014, 06:19