We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check out excusions with travel company

Launceston, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Check out excusions with travel company

Hi all, I've been lurking on this site since last year and have picked up lots of great info on a variety of topics. Has anybody booked the check out trip to Dalyan with their Tour Operator where they pick you up, have the boat trip up the river,lunch, and then take you on to a hotel to shower etc before taking you on to the airport? We were thinking of doing this as our flight isn't until 11pm. Having said that I have just checked Thomson's website and it £59.00 per person. We have 2 girls over 12 (Therefore adult price) so will take a big chunk of spending money. I am trying to justify the trip so any advice on whether people think its worth the money will be greatly appreciated. Its our first time to Turkey and we are relly looking forward to it. (32 sleeps and I CAN'T WAIT!!)

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
571 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

we were offered this with Thomas cook , did think about it but like you say its a big chunk of money and they did say to us that the hotel they let you stay at before you travel to airport was very basic ... we ended up having a late check out room at our hotel for about £20 .... the trip you referring to you can do whilst your there with any of the local companies as a day excursion , supposed to be very good day , we used guide tours , oludeniz .. really good company for excursions

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

Very expensive compared to the day trip itself which you can get for around £15pp.

Paying for a late check out is much cheaper although no guarantee you will be able to.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 23:03
united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

Have you thought about this book a simple family room, say,from Booking.com,etc,for one night,obviously will have to pay,but will be cheaper than what you have been quoted?.I know your not staying over night,but you can stay until pickup,and I cannot see the hotel being to upset if you've paid upfront when you arrive."anyway if you don't tell them what the hell.Just tell them you are checking out when you have (Paid in full)."I am not telling anyone to leave without paying their bill!!!.)

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

Sorry read, every ones post lost your meaning!!. I think you could get a taxi to Dalian and then too the airport cheaper than what you are being quoted,even if you get a room near turtle beach.I can only say that the tour companies want your money,"They will rip you off,have a great time."

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g311315-d613307…

Don't wast your money! I have heard of too many reports like the reviews above, if you want to go to Dalyan use the tour companies in the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Level Contributor
103 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

I totally agree I did this trip on Wednesday using pioneer cost £13 each was a lovely day out and quite relaxing, dalyan is a gorgeous place, you swim in the river which is warm you have mud bath and see the huge turtles being fed with the local blue crab. And finally turtle beach which is amazing, the left side of the beach is protected so no people, so you can walk along the sandy beach and it's like paradise.

7. Re: Check out excusions with travel company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 06:18