We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

We are 2 adults with a 10 year old (girl) and a 16 year old (boy), so when booking we are classed as '3 adults and one child'.

I'm looking at the Thomas Cook website for next year. The cheapest room option is "Gdn No Balcony/Terrace Family Room"

Does anyone know exactly what room category this is? I assumed it would be the smallest, most basic rooms, but the Lykia website says that those only sleep two people???

I've spent ages looking at various websites with room layouts but I'm non the wiser. I'm trying to keep costs down but I'm thinking it might be a bit much to all be crammed into one room, sharing sofa beds etc. now that the kids are older.... but the upgrade to a suite is expensive!

I'm confused!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
827 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

You really dont want a garden room with so many in it, maybe wait and see if the prices come down a bit for next year.

Jan

oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

Have you thought about looking at the Liberty Lykia website which gives good descriptions about room plans. We used TC thecirst year we went and from then on have always booked direct and organised our flights separately.

Alston, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

Would think about a 2bed family room..they are a lot more tho..as already stated check prices with hotel direct.

Happy holidays

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

Thanks for all your responses.

The holiday is actually a prize from a competition - which is amazing and a dream come true - but I really don't know whether we can afford to upgrade the room as we already have two other holidays planned and I'm desperately trying to save up some spending money, lol. We have to book with Thomas Cook by the end of July 2013 and travel by Oct 2014, so I probably haven't got time to see if the 'room upgrade' prices come down.

I am assuming that they are going to give me the cheapest room but to be honest, that's just a guess. I just wondered if anyone else had booked a 'cheap room' for 3 adults and one child, and if so, what did they get given? All the 'one bedroomed rooms' on the Lykia website say a maximum of 'two adults and two kids' or 'one adult and three kids'.

I think we can live without a balcony or a sea view if necessary, but an extra bedroom would be great. Having said that, we're quite easy going. If we end up in a shared room, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Thanks again for all your help,

Lydia. x

(Although I'm thinking of changing that to Lykia!)

Edited: 03 July 2013, 17:31
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

hi there, what a nice prize! I was just coming on here to ask about rooms funnily enough, we are a family of 5 so I have only looked at the family rooms so don't know if this helps. last time we were In the basic family room, cat 4 which is garden, not interconnecting no seaview. we found it basic bit perfectly fine. out room was spacious enough. but the other room is the living room which had 2 sofa beds and a travel cot in so was a bit cramped. But we hardly spent any time in the room and this might be ok for your 2.

this time we have paid (quite a lot) more for superior family room with seaview (cat 6) which is 2 interconnecting rooms so I am hoping it will be a bit roomier.

Wiltshire, U.K.
Level Contributor
3,768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

Aw, thank you fabhead.

I suppose I will just have to wait and see what the lady who's arranging the prize says & what our booking confirmation says

Thanks again. And enjoy the interconnecting seaview rooms - they look fabulous!

7. Re: Another Lykia question... This time, rooms.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2014, 06:18