We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Having read the extortionate prices at Dalaman and the restrictions on taking bottles of water in - just wondered if we can take our own food in hand luggage into airport ? We havnt booked a meal on return flight ( as we didn't fancy jet 2's menu) so were planning On buying crisps,sandwiches,sweets etc in resort to take with us for the airport and flight home

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
145 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Yes, you can take your own food to the airport and on to the plane, we did just that last weekend when we were flying home with jet 2. We had sandwiches, crisps, biscuits and sweets.no problems at all.

Also, when you arrive at the airport, and before you even get to the check in desks you haveto go through a security scanner. You can take your drinks through this, I saw loads of people throwing their full bottles of water etc in the bins. It's the second set of security scanners that you go through after you have checked in, that you aren't allowed to take your drinks through.

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

I took drinks through both and wasn't stopped :/ also took our own food through :)

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

We were allowed through in May with a bottle of water although we always take 10x100ml bottles of water with us which have to be put in the regulation plastic bags and checked at security.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
196 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Thanks, that's great to know we won't have to pay the rip off prices at airport :)

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Hi,can anyone who.s been to the V I P lounge at Dalaman tell me what the price of alchoholic drinks are. Are they cheaper,or the same price of the drinks in the standard area bars.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

We usually just hit the KFC, ok its a bit more expensive than normal but you know what your getting and it does the job.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Yes take as much food as you want.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

Hi,thanks for your information,but can you tell me,is the alcoholic drink at the( V I P) lounge (Dalaman) which you have to pay for the same prices as the bars in departures,or are alcoholic drinks sold at reduced prices?.Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,885 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

We have used the V.I.P Lounge lots of times, but we never bother buying alcohol so don't know what they charge for it. However, can ask in September and let you know, but I suspect it will not be cheap.

liverpool
Level Contributor
312 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taking own food into Dalaman airport??

We were charged £40 for 2 happy meals and 2 adult meals in mc donalds nearly fainted lol , we always take food with us but in May the bus picked us up early and we missed our dinner so we only time to grab crisp and water in the hotel shop ! But in August im making sure I stock up for the airport ! No more getting ripped off for me x

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz