We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving and 6 island boat trip

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Diving and 6 island boat trip

I would like to do the 6 island boat trip. I understand that it involves snorkeling. Can we substitute it with diving? Or is it a different agent?

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

Hi Ahmed, the 6 island boat trip from Oludeniz can include the loan of some very basic snorkelling equipment.

However the diving is a separate trip dedicated to using diving equipment and very rarely is included on the normal boat trips.

Have you booked it - or are you booking it when you get there?

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

Haven't booked it yet. I did some reading and understood that Cherry Tree, Tommy, Sea horse and Jerry Boat (Fethiye) are the ones recommended. Thoughts? We are not looking for a "family" type trip.

Also, there is very little information on dive sites. I checked Diveoludeniz.com, European Diving Centre and Divers Delight. They all provide very little info. Any thoughts which is best amongst these?

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

You should google Fethiye Dive Sites, or Gocek Bay dive sites. I wrote an article for Sport Diver magazine a few years ago which details individual sites in the Fethiye area, so that should help you. When you are in Olu you are welcome to come by my office and I can tell you about them if you like, and I'm sure I can find some video for you to look at of some diving around here.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
6 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

Thanks mauitara, very helpful. Any recommendations for the above boats?

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

The daily boat trips from Oludeniz are not equipped or staffed for diving, so they are different. Because I am in this business and it's against the rules on TA to promote yourself, it's hard for me to get very specific here unless it's something I don't do. If you want to PM me, I can answer your questions or stop into my office when you get to Olu and I can give you more details.

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

The EDC has very good information on the dive sites - europeandivingcentre.com/daily-diving/…

Also Elite - elitedivingcentre.com/index.php/qualified-di…

And Mermaid - http://www.mermaiddiving.net/Divesites.asp

7. Re: Diving and 6 island boat trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations