We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Hi, we're off to Oludeniz soon and wondered whether there is a cash machine in Oludeniz? We stayed in Ovacik last time and know there are in Hisaronu but can't remember if there are in Oludeniz. I'm reluctant to take lots of sterling in cash to change when I'm there as travel insurance normally only covers up to £200 cash per person.

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

I've just got back and there's 3 in the middle of the strip,I used the HSBC one and also one at the top by the Karbel hotel. Only problem I found was the machines never seemed to have Stirling so I draw out Turkish lira.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

We also drew out cash (stirling) a couple of times from the HSBC in the middle of the strip (opposite Shadows) but we also drew out from the one next to the HSBC (green one, cant remember the name of the bank) as HSBC was out of action one day, no problem with either, always able to get Stirling out.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Thank you both.

With my Halifax credit card I don't get charged for drawing out foreign currency abroad but reckon I'll be charged for withdrawing sterling. As far as I'm aware I think credit card exchange rates are usually pretty good anyway. Might give them a ring to double check though!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,339 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Check with your Bank what they charge to draw Sterling, some make a 3% charge some don't. We have a Nationwide card and there is no charge to draw Sterling, however, there is a charge to draw out any other currency i.e. Lira or Euros.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,338 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

We drew straight from our barclays account, no charges :)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,339 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

A goood website. Just put in which credit/debit card you have and it will tell you the charges.

moneysavingexpert.com/travel/…halifax

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

There's also another three holes in the wall type at the main bus/taxi terminal (under Cruesos).

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Hi,If you are allowed to get sterling out of the ATM's;what type of charges will you incur.and wouldn't it be better getting Lira out instead of Sterling regaurding charges.Thanks.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

Jim - charges differ significantly from card to card. I have a Nationwide Debit and a Santander Zero Credit which incur no charges at ATMs, and a Nationwide Credit which incurs no charges on foreign currency purchases. Lots of other cards - both debit and credit - cost 2.5 or 3% commission, plus transaction fees in some cases. It pays to check out what your cards will cost to use in either sterling or lira before you leave the UK. D

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cash machine in Oludeniz?

davethewasp, thanks, I'm sorry forgot to mention I have debit card (Natwest) don't use a credit card.I think I'll stay with drawing Lira out of the cash machines.Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations