We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Hi,

Have never been to turkey and found out about Oludeniz online! Me and my boyfriend are in our early 30s, no kids, and are looking for a relaxing holiday in October. We like to chill out on the beach or by the pool and maybe go for walks or a boat trip by day, and have lovely meals out with a few drinks and people watch by night! We normally go to Greece (Skiathos, Lindos and Parga etc) but fancy somewhere a little different. Is Oludeniz for us?

Love the chilled out slightly bohemian look of Oyster Residence but its a bit outside our budget. So we are considering Tonoz hotel for its great value, but also the Mozaik Boutique apartments for the swim up rooms, and was thinking about booking each hotel independently and staying at each place for half the holiday. Would swim up rooms be ok in october or will it not be warm enough? We love swimming in the sea that time of year in Greece because its usually nice and warm but not sure if its similar in Turkey!

Any advice or other hotel recommendations greatly received!

Thanks

Leanne

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

If you like the look of Oyster can I suggest you consider Jade residences which is directly next door. Same style but a fair bit cheaper.

I would say Mozaik is in a different class from Tonoz and so Mozaik would be my choice

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Tonoz is definitely great value, or as I call it a lot cheaper, than the others you mention, and it has a good restaurant. But the pool is a joke! If you can afford it I would go for the Mozaik. D

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Thanks

Will check out jade to see if its within our budget.

If not and we go for mozaik is it worth going for a swim up room in October?

Thanks

Lea

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

You don't have to go for a swim up room at the Mozaik anyway, the 1 bed apartments are pretty much the same price. Or for an extra £20 per night go for the Penthouse suite, I'm sure the water in the hot tub on the balcony will be lovely and warm ! ;-)

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
27 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

we are looking into going olu deniz in October around the 13th, what would the weather b like then?

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Also the Tonoz rooms have no balcony.

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Guys - as far as the weather is concerned no one can be really sure. The earlier in October that you go, the more likely it is to be very warm and sunny. Last year we were there for the first 2 weeks and it was high 20s every day except one when it bucketed down; but after that it got steadily worse. We are booked from 3-16 October this year and hope and expect that the weather will be fine..... Fingers crossed. D

Royston, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Thanks for your replies! Can any one say if the pools are cold in October? Quite fancy the swim up rooms at Mozaik but dont want to spend the extra money if its going to be too cold to swim in the pool!

Thanks again

Lea

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

With the hot summer so far in OD it's very likely that the pools in October will be the warmest of the year. That's the normal pattern. D

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Oludeniz (& question about swim up rooms!)

Pools are cooling down in October as the sunlight hours reduce and the nights get chillier but usually they are warm enough for a quick dip/active swim. The sea stays warm and is still very comfortable in October.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz