We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Hello,

I am going to Oludeniz next week and I was hoping someone might tell me where I can experience the best sunset - happy to travel to a neighbouring area if needed, but not too far. Ideally looking to enjoy a beautiful sunset in Oludeniz!

Also, can someone suggest the best beaches for a relaxing and sunbathing. I have heard about Sugar beach but have read mixed reviews and of course, I have heard of the Blue Lagoon, but any others?

Many thanks in advance,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Any of The Bars along the front with a roof terrace are great spots to see the sunset, with a cocktail in your hand,of course! Buzz, The Hangout, Crusoes, The Harrys, Sun Café, Kumsal Pide, Jade Terrace. We still love Sugar Beach the best but Billys, Seahorse, Paradise etc are all good and opposite the lagoon. We like the far side of the main beach,past Kumsal Pide. Gemiler Beach is easy to get to on the dolmus from Hisaronu and a dolmus from Olu goes to Kabak Beach We really enjoy Kabak, it's a bit of a hike down, we tend to get the jeep back up, but very laid back and The Olive Garden is the ideal place for lunch.

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Thank you very much for your speedy response. Would I need to get to these bars early to secure a good viewing point? What sort of time?

Also, may anyone suggest some enjoyable excursions/days out??

:)

Thank you

Edited: 07 August 2013, 15:01
andy0428
Level Contributor
265 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

If you want a good boat trip try sugar boat best boat trip I've ever been on and the food is amazing

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,254 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

The sun sets a bit towards the right in front of the beach, the further you are to the left the better the view. And of course better if you are a bit higher up, Faralya would be a very good spot.

The best sunsets are from Calis beach though imho... (not saying that the beach is better!)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,801 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Buzz bar on the seafront (together with sundown music) but any of the front terrace bars- agree with VR the sundown and views from Faralya are stunning.

Fethiye new marina area- marvellous sundown.

My balcony.

Edited: 07 August 2013, 15:26
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Seckin, we always go May and September, so not sure what time sunset would be,sure someone else would know. I would imagine that being peak season it would definitely be better to get there early. A couple of nice days out that you can do without the need to book excursions are taking a dolmus into Fethiye, plenty to do there-old town,harbour,fishmarket etc and a trip to Kayakoy (ghost village) Boat trips are really good value too

London, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Thank you to all. Can I also ask if there are day trips on the gulet boats? I seem to be only able to find 3 day cruises?

And finally, could someone recommend boat rides that are not jerky - I ask as I have had a spinal operation and am still in recovery?

Thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
295 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

May I suggest going to the top of Babadag for a meal at sunset. You can book this with Mauitara, she's the Guide Tours rep. next to Dreams bar on the Dolmus road ....not the Guide Tours lower down the Dolmus road. Food wasn't Michelin (it was OK) but the view was spectacular.

kent
Level Contributor
71 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Sunsets at Callis beach are amazing :o)

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,356 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sunsets in Oludeniz & best beach

Always advertised as the best sunset in Turkey. Calis Beach. Get the water taxi from Fethiye takes 40 minutes is a lovely journey and costs 5 lira. (or get the dolmus takes about 10 minutes). Go to the prom and watch the sunset over the 12 islands, if you are lucky you may see the dolphins. The latest James Bond Movie was filmed on Calis Beach.

Google Calis Beach Sunset to see just what it's like.

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations