We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wine ??

blackpool
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
wine ??

Hi all was just wondering...i know the effes is nice on a hot day,but are there any nice local wines to look out for when having a meal out ?

cheers 3 week to go :-)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,139 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wine ??

Hi,

an old post link but useful re the topic!

tripadvisor.co.uk/…11654493

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wine ??

Doluca make decent wines.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,227 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wine ??

Go to the Levissi Garden Restaurant in Kakakoy they have a vast wine cellar and they have free tastings so you can find a wine you like.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298031-…

Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wine ??

I used to get a litre bottle of Harman red from the azda for 15 TL was quite nice only one I tried so stuck with that had a few in named red wines by the glass here and there and they were all good I think hot countries make better red.I did see the same brand rose about but never tried it.If you buy wine by the glass get a large one its only a couplelira dearer not twice as much same goesforbeer.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wine ??

I buy a bottle of Kanver wine - white or red - and drink it at home before going out. It is only 10 TL per bottle in the corner shops. Wine is so very expensive in the restaurants and bars.

Edited: 08 August 2013, 15:42
blackpool
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wine ??

Cheers everyone for the quick replies..I have made a note of your suggestions and I'll have a mooch around for couple bottles :-)

Warren

Harrow, United...
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wine ??

Last year Sarah7gil recommended this white wine which we really enjoyed: potomacwines.com/image/…20Cankaya-500x500.JPG

You could get it for TL 20ish from the minimarket by the Montebello Beach Hotel on the Dolmus road and also, for a few Lira more, from the one at the bottom of the road. D

Mentioned in this post
Montebello Resort
Montebello Resort
1,173 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
andy0428
Level Contributor
267 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wine ??

Sorry I'm hopeless at remembering wines but we had a couple of nice bottles and they wasn't too expensive think the most we paid was around 40 lira

9. Re: wine ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 05:18