We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions, book online or at resort?

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions, book online or at resort?

Hi all!

Me and my partner fly out on the 7th and we are looking in to the excursions we would like to do. We are looking at Carole & Tayfun as well as Jerry Boats but what we would like to know is whether it is better to book the Carole & Tayfun trips when we are there or online before we go? The online prices state that it is cheaper than booking at the resort but is this really true?

Also, are there any other tour firms or even more obscure tours people strongly advise?

Currently we are looking at the jeep safari, 12 island cruise, sunset cruise, all inclusive daily cruise around the coves, Dalyan cruise (turtle and mud bath) and finally Gocek market.

DUNSTABLE
Level Contributor
341 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

I would wait until I was in the resort to book my trips.

There are loads of agency's and as your going out of the really busy season there will be plenty of availability and they should be up for a bit of a deal.

Most are very reputable, and Guide tours come highly recommended , the one to avoid is Bloody Gorgeous on the main strip by the ruin, as the has been lots of unhappy customers posting here.

West Sussex
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

I would recommend Jerry's boat. Book it directly through Jerry by phone or message him via his facebook page. We made the trip to Fethiye to find where his boat was one evening and luckily there were a couple of his helpers on the boat who phoned him for us to book a day. £15 each for a fab day, but he also replied to my message on facebook. He has 2 smaller boats that take around 20 people each. Lovely food, very friendly, and the chance to try some fishing if you want. I would also recommend Tiny Akropol for other excursions.

charlotte
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

Wait until you get to the resort. Things change and if you book online you may have problems getting your money back, and/or changing the excursion. For example,there is a beautiful gulet that I loved to send people on, but recently there have been complaints about it (not from my customers), so now I won't send people on that boat. Same as the diving - at the beginning of the season it was great, really perfect, but there have been complaints about safety and service on all the divie companies, and unless you are here, you wouldn't know that and spend a day being very disappointed. Better to get here, talk to some of the agents and get a better idea of the excursions rather than what a slick website tells you.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,150 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

I think you are looking at an awful lot of excursions. Once you get to the resort you may find you want to chll out and relax and may not want to be stuck to a timetable of excursions.

Wait untl you get there, as said there are plenty of places to book and you can do at your ease.

Tara in the last post would help you at her office in Oludeniz, she gets great feedback from other members.

Also, if thinking of the Jeep Safari get Hazardous Sports Insurance before your leave the U.K. as you will not be covered for this in Turkey, the companies only pay for local hospital treatment, no flights home if you are delayed etc., Hazardous Sports Insurance is not expensive, get it with your normal Travel Insurance.

Durham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

Hi,

We fly out on the 6th and have booked all of our excursions through Tiny Akropol. So far so good, really good communication and the guy is bringing all of our tickets to our hotel reception for us, we'll pay when we get there. We've also booked Jerry's boat trip for the 9th, via his facebook page, although we have to call up to reconfirm when we arrive in Turkey.

6. Re: Excursions, book online or at resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:18