We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mosquitos v babies

Poole England
Level Contributor
130 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
mosquitos v babies

Have read loads of useful information and now feel really prepared to take my 11 month old granddaughter to OD for her first time but, silly question I know, how can I protect her from being bitten? I am "meals on wheels" for the blighters! I know DEET will not be good for her and would like to know any alternatives?

Birchington, kent...
Level Contributor
373 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mosquitos v babies

I use tea tree oil, a little dab round the ankles and wrists, they hate, I use so little that no one can smell it, maybe try this. You could get a roll on stick and just use it around the areas that she can not put in her mouth?

Like you they usually have me for breakkie, lunch and tea, but since using this they leave me alone. Went for 10 days in July and got 2 bites the whole holiday-

You could also invest in a plug in for the room if you are worried about the night time, or if she sleeps whilst you are out perhaps get an mosquito net ( or a net curtain, cut to size?) to put over her pushchair.

good question though!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,402 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mosquitos v babies

Have a look at Avon Skin so Soft dry oil spray the blue bottle

Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mosquitos v babies

Hi, i am due to go in just over a week and my youngest will be 7 months. For the last couple of years for my son (who is due to turn 4 tomorrow) we have bought a childrens rollon mosquitto repellent in Boots which is ok for 6 months plus, that has worked very well but this year they dont have any!!! its not available to buy on line either. Ive been everywhere looking for some but cant find any. Eventually ive dropped on some in Morrisons of all places! its specifically for children, deet free and you get a small spray repellent pen and also a small tube of bite relief, can be used on children 6 months plus, and get this..... it was only a £1!!! going to buy another one before we go. Hope this helps, although think i might also invest in some tea tree all too, just in case!.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mosquitos v babies

Mosquitos any time for me, I was bitten by my three several times a day and no repellent available.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mosquitos v babies

Oh,I thought this was some sort of new sport in :Oludeniz...

6. Re: mosquitos v babies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations