We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
191 posts
308 reviews
Save Topic
Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Hi - I have just booked 2 weeks in Oludeniz next May (and cannot wait). My wife is going to be 40 when we are out there, Can anyone suggest something special for a day / night different than a usual trip? I had thought about a Gulet for the night but that was about it (can you suggest a company). Paragliding is probably out due to fear of heights. Thanks for any help - Gareth

Dunstable
Level Contributor
706 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Not done it yet myself but is on my list....you could visit the Olive Garden for the day / night or two, looks stunning, I am sure other people will be able to give you more information on this though.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g1468273…

Newcastle upon Tyne
Level Contributor
527 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

How's about a trip to a jewellers? Something special to keep and then a wonderful meal on the evening? That would be my idea of a special birthday treat . The Olive Garden is somewhere I have yet to visit and plan to do so next year. I have a special birthday next year and that is what I am planning to do when in Olu D. (got to tell the better half yet lol but I know he wont deny me a visit to our favourite jewellers on such a special birthday)

ayrshire, scotland
Level Contributor
933 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

olive garden or butterfly valley overnight,(its a tent mind you) but might be romantic

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

I'd second the Olive Garden, its an amazing place & such a feeling of tranquility. Little piece of heaven in the mountains...beautiful food & a lovely atmosphere.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

I love the Olive Garden but it would be a bit laid back for me for a birthday celebration. I reckon full spa treatment, visit to the jewellers and the Sun Dial for a really special evening.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

A trip to Meis, and perhaps stay overnight in Megisti hotel:

https://www.facebook.com/Megisti?fref=ts

The island is magical and very romantic, and Olive Garden is nice but just do that as a day trip for any other day, it is easy enough to get there.

Rent a car leave Ölüdeniz about 7:30, take the ferry to Meis from Kas (only 62,50 TL return for a day trip, just a little more for a round trip). But only do this if you love remote and deserted but very pretty places. İt is so different to Turkey so that will make the trip so special.

Good luck!

Edited: 21 September 2013, 12:34
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
13,859 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Take her to the Ada Restaurant on Sovalye Island. They send a speedboat to pick you up at Fethiye or Calis. Either spend that day there, or just go for dinner.

www.sovalyeisland.com/ecesovalye/id2.htm

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Champagne with a meal boat trip for two from Oludeniz to Aquarium bay -Karacaoren restaurant.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
191 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

Thanks so much guys, some great ideas... Gareth

10. Re: Need a surprise for a 40th Birthday - Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz