We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

All look good, just wondered if anyone had tried more than one???

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Hi Lorraine we have stopped at the karbel 8 years on the bounce and love it I have to say this year aug12 th for 2 weeks was the best ever everyone seemed so relaxed we have never stayed at the other 2 but would highly recommend the karbel look up my review for the karbel good luck xx

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Thanks Alec will do :)

Poole England
Level Contributor
130 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

I have stayed at both Karbel and Karbel Beach and love them both for different reasons! I think the Karbel Sun is not part of the same group. Karbel is much larger but quieter as it is at top of the strip. The rooms are larger and so is the pool. There is entertainment etc. Karbel Beach is right in the centre of things opposite the Blue Star. Although smaller the standard is exactly the same - maids are not kept quite so busy so they can make you "swans" every day!

Trowbridge, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

We have stayed at the Karbel twice and just got back from the Karbel Sun. Karbel Sun is a lot smaller than the Karbel, both very basic but clean. Would say the breakfast choice at the Karbel is better. Don't know about evening meals as we did not eat at either. We have had a good & bad room at the Karbel, some have been refurbished. The swimming pool at the Karbel Sun is quite small. If its only somewhere to shower & sleep the Karbel Sun seems to be cheaper and is fine. Hope that helps.

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

I stayed at the Karbel Sun when I first ever went to Olu Deniz and retuned twice more. During the first visit we were disturbed by the noise from across the road- non stop entertainment, which was great for the families staying there, it was the middle of August so very full of children. Second visit in June, I don't recall any noise and not in the September/October time, so that would be an indication that at school holiday time they have big programme of events and as its the biggest of the Karbels, it seems to make sense. At that time the Karbel Sun did not have the grand entrance as it does today and you entered from the side, we used to make a point of going to the Karbel for our evening meal on our first night of our holiday as it had a fab restaurant, Karbel Sun had no restaurantas it does today, back then the Karbel certainly was the grander property. The two brothers had fallen out big time!!! But I liked the smaller property as the staff were like old friends, I now know this to be typical of all Turkish bar tenders, managers cleaners etc, but as I wrote years ago on a hot day its a bit of a hike back up to the hotel whereas the Karbel Beach is a perfect location, have not stayed there as I tend to stay opposite these days, but as I was considering going the end of this month - they do half board, something I believe to be a NO NO in Olu as the restaurants are all so amazing, however if on a budget, and you want small and quiet, near the beach, that's your answer.

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Nelly thank you for reply, but which one did you prefer, I'm still unsure :)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Lol Lorraine which one did nelly choose in the end

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Alec I don't know 😕

South Wales, New...
Level Contributor
816 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

I only ever stayed at the Karbel Sun.

Level Contributor
1,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The 3 karbel hotels which is better??

Ahh the Karbel Sun gets your vote ;)