We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Which Oludeniz hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Hi folks...this is our very 1st trip to this part of Turkey - & due to a serious family illness making long term plans difficult at the moment, it's been booked at short notice - we leave in just 10 days! So, I am really hoping to benefit from your combined-experience of the area, as to what we should look out for in order to make the most of our precious 2 weeks break there.

I would really appreciate any advice you good folks can offer as to places we really should not miss - trips that are worthwhile - local places that are worth the dolmus / taxi ride - anything we should avoid / rip offs to watch out for - tips that will save us making fools of ourselves or committing major faux pas.....also, even tho we are staying on an AI basis (NOA Club Sun City, in Olu Deniz), we do like to eat & drink out regularly, so any tips as to best places to try would be terrific...or even tips as to how to make the best of our hotel!

Thanks in advance...this holiday may be our last for a while, so I really want to get the best out of it....xx

Co.Durham England
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Buzz Beach bar in the front is a must for eating dinner and drink.(book a table in the afternoon for a upstairs open air table for evening dinner)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

You only live down the road from us - we are in Stretford. We have been 7 times to OD - just came back two weeks ago. the main thing is just to chill and relax and enjoy the wonderful scenary and friendly people. Nothing is too far to walk , some of our favourite restaurants/bars and the Blue Star , Oba , Buzz Bar , Anfora and Belechan Deluxe Cafe/Bistro .

There are lots of trips you can do , just depends how energetic you want to be . I love the sunset boat trip and also Saklikent gorge and mud baths , lots of companies in the resort you can book with . Also nice to spend some time at the private beaches around the lagoon .Good exchange rate at the moment as well - change your money with Gladys at the bag shop opposite Karbel Hotel .

Hope you really enjoy your holiday and wish you all the best with the health issues your family have .

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Thank you 2catsuk & MariaW1960 ...have made a note of all you've said :-) ...all adds to the excitement as we look forward to our holiday!! x

Livingston, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Paragliding is a must.....it is fantastic.....the drive up is a bit scary but really worth it. You don't have to be superfit...you ony have to take less that a dozen steps at a reasonable speed and your pilot will do the rest.

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Make sure you visit Kayakoy, the ghost town. Istanbul restaurant will pick you up so you could visit the ghost town and then go back to the restaurant for some sunbathing around their pool and then for meal.

Sunshine

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
839 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

If you like history and culture I would recommend doing the Ephesus and Pumulkale trip it is 2 days with a stay at a hotel over night but only £60 each including meals, coach ,hotel and entry into Ephesus and Pumulkale both amazing places and you also get to see some of the interior of Turkey

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Hi Frosty,

For a good flavour of the trips avaliable check out the websites for Carole n Tayfun or Tiny Akropol.

Trips are a lot cheaper if booked in the resort and not thru the Hotel reps.

Also the Dolmus mini buses (public transport) are cheap and run frequently, departing from the end of the beachfront- ideal for a visit to the Tuesday market in Fethiye or the nightlife of Hisoranu or the abandoned village of Kayakoy.

Enjoy!!

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

Great suggestions folks, thanks so much...I am adding to my list all the time :-) xx

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,300 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

As you will be visiting during the Kurban Bayram Holiday it's best to know that the Banks will be closed from Monday the 14th October until Friday 18th October and cash machines may run out of money during this period. Don't worry, all the shops etc., will still be open.

Have a great holiday.

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Our 1st time in Oludeniz...what are the MUST do/see/visits?

I didn't realise that Frances-Jane - thanks for that great tip off....will make sure we arrange our cash accordingly, so we're not left short! xx

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz