We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Apologies if this question has been asked / answered a 1000 times - but I've not been able to find anything on the forum so far: just wondering how much the average beer etc is out & about in Olu? The well known brew is Effes I think - is there local unamed stuff that's any good, or should we stick to Effes? Also - a glass of wine: rough price & is there local wine that's ok-ish?....& what should we expect to pay for a typical 2 course restaurant meal (for 2)....or a take away kebab?

Thanks in advance :-)

Westhoughton
Level Contributor
170 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Hi Frosty

Average large effes 7 lire, you will pay 8 on the front. takeaway kebab roughly 6 lire and depends on what you want to eat as to how much you pay for your meals, we never have a starter but roughly approx. between 27 and 31 for steak, obviously less for chicken or spag bol. if you look on the right hand side of the forum there are average prices for food and drink, I would say that the food is roughly the same but price of beer has increased.

a glass of wine is about 8 lire, I drink red at home but not that keen on it in oludeniz but the white is not bad.

food is really good in oludeniz no matter where you eat.

enjoy xx

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,754 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Would advise a trip out to the Levissi Garden in Kayakoy. They have the biggest wine cellar in Southern Turkey and will welcome you to do some wine tasting. They also pick up and drop off for free. I have to stay have never had a bad red in the Levissi.

Edited: 01 October 2013, 22:48
Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

That's great - thanks for the info JANERIC...helpful to know in advance! :-) x

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Frances-Jane - that sounds an interesting idea - will deffo look into that :-) thanks xx

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Hi' Oludeniz:Efes,big bottle,6,7,8,9,10.(TLY) this is not a joke?prices have varied.But I have been buying bottles of wine,wine has got better,and reasonly priced?.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,754 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

If you are looking for a good night out would also recommend the Istanbul Restaurant in Kayakoy. They also pick up and drop off. Saturday is a great night. They have a wonderful singer and also a sax player and after the three course meal (35 lira) everyone gets up to dance.. Great night out. Don't leave it too late to book as it's very popular.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Wow'this sounds "Great"going to Ece Saray tomorrow,only might be coming back too Oludeniz on Saturday night for Warrington game,if can't find in Fethiye?.All the best Sarah J.

Edited: 02 October 2013, 12:22
united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

sorry,Frances Jayne I meant.

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
51 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

Will definitely look out for that too...we're there for 2 weeks from Thursday 10th, so will have time to try & book up for either Saturday. I can see that I may need a 2nd trip to Olu already, lol - lots to do, see, eat & drink!! xx

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Current prices - beer, wine etc...?

We paid between 6 and 9 lira for an Efes whilst there recently . Meals are reasonably priced depending on where you eat . Obviously more expensive on the front . We paid from 18lira up for chicken and about 25 lira up for steak/lamb dishes . No bad meals in the two weeks .

Take away kebab is from 6 lira for chicken and approx 8 for mixed meats I think. We go to the one at the bottom of the dolmus road - local taxi drivers use it and the kebab was in a wrap and nice and hot and tasty. The man who serves there was really friendly . We used it at least twice as sometimes not in the mood for a large meal and just get drinking head on :))

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations