We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

Because of the bank holiday no one in the hotel is sure.

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

Same confusion about the Tuesday market, the first day of Bayram. The news was different, they moved the market to Monday, but that was wrong information. İ guess you mean the Calis Sunday market, and İ would only presume the market would be normally open as Bayram is over. Tomorrow is a normal Sunday.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,384 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

Markett day in Fethiye is Tuesday. Tomorrow(Sunday) is Market day for Calis Beach and Gocek.

London, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

Thank you both for replying! Can I get baklava at the markets?

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

İ have not seen baklava on the market, lots of Turkish delights though. You can get very good baklava in the "Pastane" and lots of bakeries in Fethiye. Even in the supermarket because good bakeries rent a corner, you pay more for sure.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,384 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

Possibly but better to get it in a Bakery in Fethiye or a supermarket Migros in Fethiye sell fresh Baklava. I would advise you go to one of the cafes in the Market and order a pancake, you get a choice of fillings either savoury like Spinach and Cheese or Sweet like Banana and Honey. We usually have breakfast in Calis Market.

If you want to go to Calis market, get the dolmus to Fethiye then go to the Marina and get the water taxi from the Address Cafe on the Marina to Calis Beach, it's a lovely journey takes 35 minutes leaves on the hour and half hour and only costs 5 lira, it's like a mini cruise. Of course, you can just change from the dolmus to Fethiye to the one to Calis Beach if you wish as it's quicker. Once in Calis walk up away from the prom up the mains street walk right at the second roundabout the Market is on the left of this road. Alternatively, you can catch a dolmus from the Main Street in Calis up to the Market.

6. Re: Is the market on tomorrow @ Fetiye?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 06:19