We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where next?

Cornwall
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where next?

We've just returned from a lovely holiday in Oludeniz with our 2 daughters (aged 3 and 11 months). It was our first time in Turkey and we all loved it. We're finding it very hard to settle back to life in rainy England so our thoughts are already on our next holiday. We would consider returning to Oludeniz but like to explore new places so where else in Turkey would you recommend? We like to be by the beach and prefer small, quiet places (Oludeniz was bigger and noisier than we'd normally go for). Thanks! Sarah

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where next?

heya have a look at Bitez on the Bodrum Peninsular. matt

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
756 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where next?

I second that or else Yalikavak also on the Bodrum peninsula

London, United...
Level Contributor
225 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where next?

Hi Sarah

Have a look at Adrasan or Cirali. Both are undeveloped and quieter than Oludeniz.

Sunshine

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where next?

<<<< We like to be by the beach and prefer small, quiet places (Oludeniz was bigger and noisier than we'd normally go for).<<<

so I agree with sunshine715 ..check out Cirali

if you prefer a quietish resort then have a look at Cirali..however you will not find any package holidays...transfer time 1.5 hrs from the Antalya airport...

Cirali ( Çıralı ) is a very lovely and unspoilt area...with Olimpos Roman ruins scattered in a pine forest, a secluded 4km non-touristy beach, fertile fields, and the Chimaera, the world's oldest and best-known natural "eternal flame". Also a natural nesting-ground for carretta carretta (loggerhead turtles).

This is the Chimaera or Yanartaş as it is know in Turkish .....Yanartaş - The mystical flames at the Chimaera. The Chimaera, a series of flames issuing out of cracks in the bare hillside, is one of the most unusual sites in the whole of Lycia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanarta%c5%9f

check out this photo;

www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/10288771126/

check out these photos here; http://tinyurl.com/mo7fr6r

http://turkishtravelblog.com/cirali/

turkeytravelplanner.com/go/…cirali.html

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where next?

Calis Beach? has a water park for the children, a beach, lots of restaurants and a water taxi into Fethiye. Only 40 minutes from Dalaman, and totally flat so ideal for pushing a pram. Lots of Villas, Apartments and Hotels.

A family and couples resort.

Edited: 21 October 2013, 19:19
nottm
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where next?

Havent been to bitez,cirali or yalikavak but they do look nice (on my list now)

Dont agree with the calis beach suggestion and wouldnt go there for a holiday (ok to pop across from fethiye for a couple of hours)

Not a very nice beach,ur kids are a bit young to really enjoy a water park and nothing else really nice about it !

But its the only place francesjane suggests whatever people request

nottm
Level Contributor
144 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where next?

Havent been to bitez,cirali or yalikavak but they do look nice (on my list now)

Dont agree with the calis beach suggestion and wouldnt go there for a holiday (ok to pop across from fethiye for a couple of hours)

Not a very nice beach,ur kids are a bit young to really enjoy a water park and nothing else really nice about it !

But its the only place francesjane suggests whatever people request

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,507 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where next?

Sorry Dingli9, If you check my posting I recently recommended Cirali I have recommended Kalkan, and Oludeniz also Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen. I recommend lots of places, we have a home in Calis, which is part of Fethiye, I am a D.E. for Fethiye so it's natural I would recommend it more often as it's a lovely place and I have good knowledge of it. However, to the O.P. don't just take my recommendation, look at the variety of people that recommend it on T.A.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g298031-…

Edited: 24 October 2013, 08:48
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where next?

Bitez and Yalikivack on the Bodrum Peninsula..Turunc in the Dalaman area or Adrasan in the Antalya area all lovely..

Wendy

Cornwall
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where next?

Thanks so much everyone for all your suggestions - much appreciated. Lots of research to do now looking at all these places. I think we might need a few more holidays in Turkey! Sarahx

Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations