We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

Well it is travel related and it may not have that much weight (probably the equivalent of a fly landing on a cruise liner and causing it to list ever so slightly) however it won't do any harm - so here's my vote for a cable car. (I know it's been on and off for years - but so was the Gocek tunnel - so you just never know).

The added attraction may also help regarding extra flights through winter - or at least starting earlier and ending later.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

Latest update on the cable car - there is no update. Neighbour who was working on the project has just returned from Dubai, and they are still waiting for someone to pay for the project.

Update on second Göcek tunnel - they have started the second one a couple of months ago, seems a bit extreme having two.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

CF ....you get my vote. Cable Car can't see that happening in my lifetime.Just how long has it taken for other projects to get off the ground.Must agree with FF ,new tunnel ,read somewhere that the new tunnel would be toll free......

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

"Toll free" - I very much doubt that MM!! I assume from the new roadworks at the Dalaman end that each tunnel will be single direction.. Suppose that is a lot safer than just the one.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

Yes one toll free and that will be the new one going on the approach road that has been made - do not know which direction that will be.

Another new nearby project is the new forestry firefighting/rescue helicopter facility, waiting for an invite to take some photoes.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

FF maybe you'll get a free ride at the same time..........

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

No thanks Stu - İ have had more than enough Helico travel in the past.

But İ am interested in the set up they have.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
733 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

I certainly hope they all get the support they deserve.I remember a good few years being caught in a huge forest fire near kas/Kalkan while driving.If wasn't for there firefighters I doubt I'd been around now.

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

Saw the plans for the helicopter facilıty today - looks more like a hotel, should be up there in the next few days for a few photos, and apparently there is a very good view of Fethiye from there.

9. Re: Can we have the Cable Car to Babadag please - petition!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Oludeniz
Recent Conversations