We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding turkey

Leeds, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
Wedding turkey

Hi

I am looking to get married on the blue lagoon turkey and am just a little bamboozled with all the different companies and little worried whether it is safe to organise direct rather then through uk travel agents!!

Has any used abroadweddings.com it looks and sounds perfect and the price is extremely reasonable ceremony on the blue lagoon and reception for 20 guests at the karbel sun. With everything included the cost of the transfers to the consulate hospital etc unlimited drinks 4 hours cake flowers etc all for £2760.

Any recommendations would be highly appreciated as I am a little worried that booking direct is safe and want a perfect day

Many many thanks

Aubergine's
££ - £££, Mediterranean, European, Turkish
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,235 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding turkey

I could not find that link. However, there are many reputable local companies in Olu that will arrange a wedding for you. My son used one in 2012 with no problems. I would say that the price you have been quoted for 20 people does sound very cheap. Also 4 hours drinking will be local drinks and you need to check just how many flowers, i.e. bunches, button holes, table decorations are included. No blood tests needed if you are not Turkish and live in the U..K.

Take a look at the Weddings link at the top right hand side of this page.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding turkey

http://www.abroadwedding.com/

FJ here is the link

Edited: 29 December 2013, 15:52
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,235 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding turkey

Thanks Bobbie, it looks quite Kosher, but if the O.P. has the chance it's good to come over and look at the venues and talk to a few of the Wedding Organisers, just as we did. The first choice, once we can over was not the one my son and daughter in law decided on. However, second choice was everything that was expected and more.

Leeds, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding turkey

Thanks for reply yes I have been looking at few different ones will check out the link

Thank you

Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding turkey

Hi Amy

We booked our wedding for the blue lagoon using a company in Turkey.

We found travel agents in the uk overpriced and not delivering a great deal.

We're using oludenizweddings.com all their staff have been wonderful, very helpful, quick to respond to emails, nothing too much trouble. Moira is Australian very lovely.

Hope this helps

Edited: 08 January 2014, 18:22
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Liverpool, England...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding turkey

Hi Amy

We booked our wedding for the blue lagoon using a company in Turkey.

We found travel agents in the uk overpriced and not delivering a great deal.

We're using oludenizweddings.com all their staff have been wonderful, very helpful, quick to respond to emails, nothing too much trouble. Moira is Australian very lovely.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
england
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding turkey

I am getting married in August this year and have booked through abroad weddings. On holiday last summer I stayed at the Karbel Sun and Ali (Hotel Manager) is the wedding co-ordinator. I wasn't worried about what we had booked although having spoken with Ali and talked through the wedding I am really pleased that we did book with them. I have been emailed regularly just being kept up to date and also Ali has called my home a couple of times to say Merry Christmas and to check I wasn't worried about anything.

I can highly recommend him so far and I have no stress or worry usually associated with weddings :)

I will review this service fully once my wedding day has been but definite thumbs up so far!

Mentioned in this post
Karbel Hotel
Karbel Hotel
1,198 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey
Wakefield, UK
Level Contributor
92 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding turkey

Hi Amy, I am getting married at the Nicholas beach on the blue lagoon this June and we have used Turkish Company, Carole and Tayfun and so far they have been extremely helpful. There are 24 of us in total and we also are having the full inclusive reception with meal and four hours free bar. I have just this morning received an email from Carole to advise that the legal side of things has changed from the 1st March and that you no longer need to obtain forms of impediment, also you no longer have to do the day long trip to Antalya!!! which is a huge relief to us with two small children. I am just waiting for further info on exactly what we do need to do from Carole.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Essex, UK
Level Contributor
233 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding turkey

Oh wow! Great news....

I am getting married in September too using Carole and Tayfan! Wasn't looking forward to that part of the trip!

I guess we might save a bit too as I imagine this would cost a fair bit?

Please let us know if you hear anything else

Carrie x

england
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding turkey

I received information a couple of days ago with what I need to do now - process seems much easier now and he's no long trip to Antalya by the looks of it :) an extra day in the sun!

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey