We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Hi Guys,

My girlfriend, I and another couple are hoping to arrange a holiday In Oludeniz Turkey. I have a few questions if you can care to advise.

Weather: We hope to make our holiday on 14th June - 27th June 2014. What is the weather like there during this time (average temperatures), Is the beach water warm enough to swim. snorkel?

Finance: Can you please estimate comfortable spending money per day? Can my Irish ATM card work on Turkish ATM machines?

Locals: Turkish locals, what are they like? (Friendly)

Thanks in advance for all your input. I look forward to all your replies! :)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
206 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

We go 9th June for 2 weeks every year weather is very hot usually in the high nineties, we go b&b and spend around £1200 we don't do any trips but we don't skimp on anything we eat out every night and eat and drink well( good wine is expensive ) The locals are very friendly, I assume your atm card will work in the atm's there, best to draw £ and change there you get a better rate. As you can probably tell I am a big fan, have a great holiday

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Firstly; you won't regret going to OD.

Weather hot but bearable with protection so take lotions. Sea will be fine for swimming and snorkelling - boat trips will stop for swimming and snorkelling breaks.

For Finance estimate look at 'Top Questions' on the right hand side of this page. Euro has gained by about

15-20% against Lira since last June.

You should be able to use your card but inform bank so they know it's going to be used in Turkey to avoid possibility of being blocked by the bank for your protection.

Have fun.

By the way....bed and breakfast is the most popular as drink pretty cheap and food very reasonable and you have a great choice of restaurants.

southend
Level Contributor
17 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

hiya ole denize that time of the year is fab the weather is hi in the 30s been ther so many time s in june / july. And yes the water is very warm too.I cant really say wat you will need to have to spend per day as we are all different we allow 100pounds a day for the 2 of us but most days we never spend that depends if you like to go out drinking lots but having said that its so cheapout there, also depends what accomadation you are thinking of having as we always book private apartments an do our own thing as the restuarants are very cheap you can get a 3 course meal for bout 19 lira which last summer worked out bout 7/8 pounds {lol} if you are gonna go id recommend you buying the lira now as the rate is the best its ever been approx. 340 to 350 to the pound. we are goin ther end of june will be the 6th year running for us last couple years I have been 3 times in the year . we absolutely love the place, its a beautiful resort with the most friendliest of locals they cant do enough for you.Hope this helps you out if you need any more help or info donbt hestitate to ask , good luck , regards marie

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
840 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Hi I second everything everyone has said and would definitely recommend B&B as the food is excellent where ever you go.

Everybody has their own favourite hotels which they tend to return to year after year , I would check when booking that the hotel is actually in OD as some places are quite away out but if you do end up there its not the end of the world as there is an excellent Dolmus ( bus ) service which is really cheap and very frequent.

I find the Turks rate politeness very high and the way you are treated is a reflection of the way you treat them.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time and will return many times like the rest of us

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,783 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Hi, you need to check with your bank if your ATM card will work outside Europe. If you have a credit card with a pin number it will work and you can transfer your spending money to have it in credit before you go. Depending on whether you are NI or not alternative is to take Euro / stg and change it there or buy Lira here before you go but check your travel insurance and see how much cash you are covered for as often it is quite low. I personally prefer to pay the ATM fee rather than risk cash but I know most of the UK people just take cash. Don't take £ sterling out if you are RoI and have a Euro account as then you will pay a Euro / sterling rate plus will still need to change it to Lira.

Turkish people are friendly , hospitable and most have a great sense of humour. I have always found they really like Irish people and often say we have a similar sense of humour so you will love it and probably return !

Edited: 05 January 2014, 14:00
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Re Post5 and suggestion to put money to your credit card before you travel......I considered this but Credit card company (Halifax) said this was against Terms & Conditions.....so give your company a call first.

Macclesfield...
Level Contributor
736 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Globetrotter ....you'll love the place, weather in June is normally nice and warm and the sea is Ok.Have a look at Fethiye Fraziers daily weather report on the Fethiye forum ,as this will give you some insight for last years weather.The exchange rate at the moment is excellent ,so might be a good idea to get some TL before you come.Not sure about your bank cards,being from Ireland,just make sure your banking arrangements are in order before you arrive. As for Turkish people their great , nice and helpful and so friendly ....

If you go for self catering there is a vast choice of quality restaurants for eating out ,with drinks almost on par with UK prices....So I'd say 360 lira would do a couple for a reasonable days spends.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

To all the above, thank you so much for all the information. I will be visiting this mid-June because of all your positive feedback.

Again, thanks a mill :)

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Actually speaking of the resort....any recommendation on Hotels? :)

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oludeniz, Turkey, Holiday information. Please advise,

Hi,

here's a map showing hotel positions in Oludeniz itself (some of the newer ones are missing).

If you have a look at the hotels available maybe you can identify a few that sound like your kind of place, some are quieter than others for example, some have larger pools etc etc. Then get back to us for more info on the ones you have short listed. Personally I have stayed at the Asena Liberty beach, Karbel Beach, Blue Star, Akdeniz Beach, Montebello beach, Mavi Belce and one I can't remember! All hotels are usually good , my faves are Asena beach and the smaller Blue Star.

http://www.oludenizmap.com/map.html

Mentioned in this post
Mavi Belce
Mavi Belce
452 Reviews
Oludeniz, Turkey